The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, it's just that we're better looking than most people.
Reply 2
RxB
No, it's just that we're better looking than most people.

are u sure u don't want to rephrase. don't delude yourself man
Reply 3
The Messiah
In my opinion, i can tell instantaneously from appeaances and voice etc a person who schools or schooled at Oxford or Cambridge. anyone else have this sixth sense?

totally agree :rolleyes:
Reply 4
The Messiah
are u sure u don't want to rephrase.

how about.. 'stunningly attractive compared to the rest of the mediocre population.' :p: :wink:

i'm really not convinced there is an Oxbridge look/voice.. :rolleyes: a public school stereotyped one, yes & there may be a visual minority of Oxbridge rahs, but still.. & they're not the only university to have such types..?
Reply 5
Totally disagree.
Reply 6
vavavoom86
totally agree :rolleyes:

cheers man its good to know someone knows
Reply 7
Elles
how about.. 'stunningly attractive compared to the rest of the mediocre population.' :p: :wink:

i'm really not convinced there is an Oxbridge look/voice.. :rolleyes: a public school stereotyped one, yes & there may be a visual minority of Oxbridge rahs, but still.. & they're not the only university to have such types..?

yeah but at ox and cam this population is prevalent...
hmm
Reply 8
d750
Totally disagree.

Anyone studying classical subjects at oxbridge would man. cus they all look alike.
Reply 9
The Messiah
yeah but at ox and cam this population is prevalent...
hmm

prevalent v. visual minority.

living & studying in Oxford, i'd go for the latter.
but can you give me some of your instantaneously detecting Oxbridge student cues? :p: maybe we can then quiz ourselves.. :wink:

i personally stumbled across more 'rahs' at my 6th form, visiting oxford brookes, looking around Bristol etc etc & met so many Nottingham students at regattas..
Reply 10
The Messiah
Anyone studying classical subjects at oxbridge would man. cus they all look alike.

:smile: Not really. There are some minor differences if you look closely.
There's quite a range of students, to be fair.
Reply 11
I cant tell, the only person I know that goes oxbridge is a scruffy boy with a strong African accent
The Messiah
In my opinion, i can tell instantaneously from appeaances and voice etc a person who schools or schooled at Oxford or Cambridge. anyone else have this sixth sense?

HELL no, you can't tell. If you saw my cousins who went to Oxbridge...you'd NEVER in a thousand years suspect that they went there.
Reply 13
The Messiah
cheers man its good to know someone knows

and they like showing off their knowledge: "did you know blah blah blah and if you dont blah blah blah then blah blah blah will happen"
**** off who cares!!
edit: i dont mean to offend anyone in oxbridge, but a lot i met are really like that.
Reply 14
The Messiah

yes, in fact it's really awful in tutorials - classicists are identical to the extent you just can't tell who you're talking to... :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 15
Never really had a problem with Oxbridge students, I don't really know any but the ones on here see fine, and I know off people who have gone to Oxbridge.

I find Durham graduates can be quite snobby, but the two people I know are fairly old but they are really stuck up, one of them studied classics and the politest word I can use to describe her is a cow. She does nothing but moan about any universty course that is not classics or medicine. Yet she has not yet learn't how to switch a computer on.

Of course the fact she went to Durham is irrelevant, but she also has a habbit of writing to papers maoning about things, and she always signs a her name with BA (Hons) (Durham) at the end of it. She a will known laughing stock though, nonody takes any notice of her stuck up middle english snobbish ways.

She is the type that would by a Rover thinking its a posh car. Yet she won't realise ita actually a 10 year old Honda Civic with a bit of plastic wood stuck on the dashboard.
Reply 16
vavavoom86
and they like showing off their knowledge: "did you know blah blah blah and if you dont blah blah blah then blah blah blah will happen"
**** off who cares!!
edit: i dont mean to offend anyone in oxbridge, but a lot i met are really like that.

Exactlly man. don't u find that if you speak to an oxbridge student, within 5 minutes, the word i went to oxford or going to ox or cam comes up..
what snubbery.
Reply 17
grey faerie
yes, in fact it's really awful in tutorials - classicists are identical to the extent you just can't tell who you're talking to... :rolleyes:
:p:

u wish it was sarcasm. the fact is that it is true... i believe your statement is also known as a paradox.
why classics or latin? no one speaks latin anymore!
Reply 18
The Messiah
Exactlly man. don't u find that if you speak to an oxbridge student, within 5 minutes, the word i went to oxford or going to ox or cam comes up..
what snubbery.

But if you were talking to one and those words didn't come up, how would you know?
Reply 19
Helenia
But if you were talking to one and those words didn't come up, how would you know?

i would ask them..

Latest

Trending

Trending