The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
Think you might need around 18/19 out of 30 in LNAT but not totally sure. I got an offer for AAA from them and my GCSEs weren't even that good so I wouldn't worry too much.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Weesy_Peesy
Think you might need around 18/19 out of 20 in LNAT but not totally sure. I got an offer for AAA from them and my GCSEs weren't even that good so I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks for the reply :smile:

I don't really know much about LNAT - how hard is 18/19 on the LNAT? And would there be any chance of them offering AAB?
Reply 3
LNAT is hard. Or at least, I found it really hard.

To the best of my knowledge, they no longer offer AAB, even to exceptional students. At least, I've never come across anyone who got offered it after they raised their requirements.
Reply 4
I got 16 on the LNAT and got into King's.

It's really good, and we have some amazing lecturers, but the law dept. is rather disorganised, to say the least.
Reply 5
i got 14 on my lnat and got into Kings...
Reply 6
Folderol
I'm in first year of Sixth Form but I'm really keen on going to Kings to read Law. I know the standard offer (AAAb), but what other things would they like (specifically)? Any other tips or suggestions would also be appreciated :smile:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ugp09/entry_reqs/195

read about all the stuff on there.

I have 2000 posts on a philosophy forum and have read most of Steven Hawkins.

they love that
Reply 7
LNAT is difficult, but you just have to get used to thinking that way, i was surprised that i got 19 and got an offer from kings!!!!

wow :eek:!!

Sabeen
LNAT is difficult, but you just have to get used to thinking that way, i was surprised that i got 19 and got an offer from kings!!!!

The LNAT has nothing to do with law at all ... it is such a pointless exercise.
I just wanted to put my penny's worth in :cool:
Reply 9
I got 15 on my LNAT, but good essay, and had an offer from KCL too.I was sooo annoyed while I was doing it!!
Reply 10
Mikimoto
LNAT is hard. Or at least, I found it really hard.

To the best of my knowledge, they no longer offer AAB, even to exceptional students. At least, I've never come across anyone who got offered it after they raised their requirements.

dont listen to that OP. A good lnat score (i.e. 20+) is very attainable.
Reply 11
Loeweloewe
dont listen to that OP. A good lnat score (i.e. 20+) is very attainable.

Well, it depends on the questions you get, to a certain extent.
It's all subjective. Some people will find it hard, some will find it easy.
Reply 12
Is there anyway to actually prepare for an LNAT =\?
I want to do law maybe but im a bit wary of applying to Kings cos of the LNAT.. :\
Reply 13

You must have had very good grades and a good personal statement right?
Reply 14
menaa-x
Is there anyway to actually prepare for an LNAT =\?
I want to do law maybe but im a bit wary of applying to Kings cos of the LNAT.. :\

well.. im not sure if preparation for LNAT actually involves practice and studying/mugging.

personally, i think for the mcq section, as long as you are familiar with the format, and can pace yourself pretty well. and have a clear mind on the day of the test (ie dont sleep late the night before/dont club or drink). the mcq section should be okay..
Reply 15
gi.
well.. im not sure if preparation for LNAT actually involves practice and studying/mugging.

personally, i think for the mcq section, as long as you are familiar with the format, and can pace yourself pretty well. and have a clear mind on the day of the test (ie dont sleep late the night before/dont club or drink). the mcq section should be okay..

ahh thanks.. but what do you mean by being familiar with the format??
Reply 16
menaa-x
ahh thanks.. but what do you mean by being familiar with the format??

as in.. just dont be shocked and stunned as if you have never seen the lnat ever...
do like 1 or 2 practise papers should be enough for familiarization with style and pace..
Reply 17
It's totally normal to be freaked out by the prospect of the lnat...like g.i. said it's so different to most tests you've prob come across. I have an offer for King's next year and I got 22/30 and the average is 16.7/30. So even if you get a score like mine, it's def possible! I'm sure they place a lot of importance on other factors as well, such as p.s. and work experience. Although if you want practice I suggest buying a good LNAT book and having a go at the practice tests before doing it. That way you won't be too scared when you get to the real thing!
Reply 18
Also there is no point in trying to study for the essay section, so just read the papers a lot, and the economist is pretty nifty as well :smile:

Latest