The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah they do, get a claim form and keep the receipt for petrol.
Masucha
yeah they do, get a claim form and keep the receipt for petrol.

...and get a VAT receipt, just in case.

Incidentally, why 15p per mile? 40p is the standard (governement-approved) rate>
Reply 3
Illusionary
...and get a VAT receipt, just in case.

Incidentally, why 15p per mile? 40p is the standard
(governement-approved) rate>

Because last week I was at the PwC RISC course, and they were re-imbursing at 15p/mile:o:

So I have to fill up with petrol before I start my journey, and then come back and fill up again and send them the receipt... lol... bit weird to be honest:mad:
Reply 4
Found the form: http://www.kpmgapplygrad.co.uk/ExpensesForm.pdf

I was looking at the wrong email, hence missed out on the expenses part:o:
Reply 5
np_desi
Because last week I was at the PwC RISC course, and they were re-imbursing at 15p/mile:o:

Ooh dear, you got a raw deal there. They pay 40p per mile for interns/staff. Maybe it's different for non-staff?
Reply 6
Rachel1188
Ooh dear, you got a raw deal there. They pay 40p per mile for interns/staff. Maybe it's different for non-staff?

http://www.pwc.com/uk/eng/careers/main/doccentre/2-travel-expense-form.pdf

:yep:
Reply 7
How mean of them!
Reply 8
put your hand in your pocket you tight bugger, get on a train its gonna cost £5 - £10
Reply 9
Little harsh, trains aren't always cheap. But yes, that's how I avoided having to even worry about what they reimburse per mile.
Reply 10
romski
put your hand in your pocket you tight bugger, get on a train its gonna cost £5 - £10

No it wouldn't. It would cost more. Probably the same as the petrol if not more. Petrol was approx £15?

"Tight" bugger....? I don't always claim back. Like Deloitte was about £5 travelling. The person said even though it is £5, claim it, but I still didn't claim.

For your information, it would cost £5.40 [off peak travel card- cheaper than single tickets] for me to get into Central London, and then on top I would have to take the train!

Anyway, I got an email saying they want more days to make a decision :s-smilie: Gotta wait I guess.....
Reply 11
and you cant invest £5-10 in going for an interview at one of the biggest accountancy firms.

deloitte was £5 and you didnt claim back clearly something must have been wrong there !!! have you ever had a girlfriend before ? wat are you gonna do when you want a nice meal together go to tesco and get a microwave buy 1 get 1 free

and i bet that was because you couldnt claim it back

put your hand in your pocket and stop moaning about your £5 lost expenses, if money was that tight you wouldnt be driving around in a car
Reply 12
romski
and you cant invest £5-10 in going for an interview at one of the biggest accountancy firms.

deloitte was £5 and you didnt claim back clearly something must have been wrong there !!!

and i bet that was because you couldnt claim it back

put your hand in your pocket and stop moaning about your £5 lost expenses, if money was that tight you wouldnt be driving around in a car

You got some problem, or are a son of some rich person!

£5-10 PER interview for EVERY firm you interview for? I applied for 7 companies, and I should pay around £50 from what you are saying?

No I could have claimed back at Deloitte- I was asked 2-3 times by my interviewer if I wanted to claim, she said even it is a small amount, claim it, but I declined.

The way I see it, I should have actually claimed back the £5. I mean, technically it is "free money"- yes I paid for it, but if I don't claim it then I would lose it, hence the notion "free money".

By your attitude, it seems you an investment banker/trader. You should definately know about "arbitrage" then. But I bet you wouldn't say anything like this to one of them.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about this matter any more, since it isn't worth it. You can continue your insults all you want.

edit: I forgot to add, I was rejected by KPMG- if you want to throw more insults regarding that then be my guest.
awww arbritrage is when you buy low sell high from inefficiencies in the market.
ahh why was you rejected? np_desi? interview or etray??
Reply 14
Abercrombie&Fitch
awww arbritrage is when you buy low sell high from inefficiencies in the market.
ahh why was you rejected? np_desi? interview or etray??

Free money basically. Buying from X for £1, and selling to Y for £1.10 IMMEDIATELY due to the differences in the rates of the companies/currencies etc:o:

I was rejected after the first interview, but I don't agree with the feedback given. Oh well, doesn't matter now.
oh the interview. how many rounds are there? any tips for me if i pass the etray??

what are your options now? you a second year?
Reply 16
Abercrombie&Fitch
oh the interview. how many rounds are there? any tips for me if i pass the etray??

what are your options now? you a second year?

1. Online form
2. Online tests
3. First interview
4. [not sure] But E-tray and Partner interview I imagine.

If you have got to the e-tray, that means you are clearly very clever for passing those INSANE online tests, and you have passed the first interview which must be VERY hard to pass- speaking from my experience:wink:. So you are a VERY good candidate. I would advise you to practise the e-tray, but since I have never done one, I don't know exactly how it goes:o:

I am in my third/final year, and got an offer from PwC for Audit on Friday (21/11) which I am going to accept.
haha sorry i am applying for summer internship. i have only done:
1. Online form
2. Online tests
3. E-tray

ahh congrats on the offer at PwC :smile:
Reply 18
Abercrombie&Fitch
haha sorry i am applying for summer internship. i have only done:
1. Online form
2. Online tests
3. E-tray

ahh congrats on the offer at PwC :smile:

Thanks. I have no idea about KPMG internship apps. I applied for it last year, and couldn't pass the online tests looool.

P.S. I meant (21/11), not (21/10):p:
Reply 19
np_desi
You got some problem, or are a son of some rich person!

£5-10 PER interview for EVERY firm you interview for? I applied for 7 companies, and I should pay around £50 from what you are saying?

No I could have claimed back at Deloitte- I was asked 2-3 times by my interviewer if I wanted to claim, she said even it is a small amount, claim it, but I declined.

The way I see it, I should have actually claimed back the £5. I mean, technically it is "free money"- yes I paid for it, but if I don't claim it then I would lose it, hence the notion "free money".

By your attitude, it seems you an investment banker/trader. You should definately know about "arbitrage" then. But I bet you wouldn't say anything like this to one of them.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about this matter any more, since it isn't worth it. You can continue your insults all you want.

edit: I forgot to add, I was rejected by KPMG- if you want to throw more insults regarding that then be my guest.

nope not a trader,
yep tired of hearing you winge about £5
how have you come to that conclusion anyway i bet its less than £5 breakdown please
maybe it was a trap - if you claim your £5 expenses your obviously a boring ****

Latest

Trending

Trending