The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tomcoolinguk
Intriguied by all of your AAA offers [I have an ABB] I rang up Notts and was told that very few UK applicants will be receiving offers less than AAA [for M100]. I was given it because of three factors, the largest being the UMS marks included on my reference (300, 297, 294, 285) and extreme mitigaiting circumstances throughout my education through illness and parental illness. She also said my AEA exam predictions [one of which I can't do thanks to a very annoying clash] helped. The woman wouldn't let me know my LNAT, but rather worryingly said 'it had nothing to do with your offer'

Its a shame... I won't be taking Notts up as it is far too close to home!

Congrats. :smile:

(See?! Despite this, that and the other, the smart people still get the best offers!)
When I went on a Nottingham open day, they said the standard offer for law had been put up this year to AAA. However, becuase the prospectuses and stuff take ages to print and they need them early to give them out, it hadn't been changed in the prospectus becuase the descision was taken after the printing. Or something. But loads of places have put their standard up to AAA this year - Manchester etc.
Lillith Grimore
When I went on a Nottingham open day, they said the standard offer for law had been put up this year to AAA. However, becuase the prospectuses and stuff take ages to print and they need them early to give them out, it hadn't been changed in the prospectus becuase the descision was taken after the printing. Or something. But loads of places have put their standard up to AAA this year - Manchester etc.

When i went to the soton open day, they said their prospectus was wrong and their offer was AAA. When I checked it on ucas course search, the requirement was changed from before to AAA.

But no such courtesy from Notts - it still says AAB.
Lottelo
I thought the typical offer was AAB. Also according the the prospectus and ucas course search it is AAB.

If you go to www.nottingham.ac.uk/law you will find a hyperlink 'change for admission for HEU applicants for 2005 entry' [or there abouts] which states that the standard offer has risen to AAA.
tomcoolinguk
If you go to www.nottingham.ac.uk/law you will find a hyperlink 'change for admission for HEU applicants for 2005 entry' [or there abouts] which states that the standard offer has risen to AAA.

I really should have looked properly before applying! *bangs head on table*
Lottelo
I really should have looked properly before applying! *bangs head on table*

It was only added some time towards the end of September 04
Reply 26
You kno how i feel bout this situation antonia..!! Its jst not fair!

Latest

Trending

Trending