The Student Room Group

What was your first driving lesson like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrownEyedGirl92
You'll be fine! :smile: I was nervous as hell on my first lesson but I think that's because I had never driven before. You have over a month of practice already so you'll soon settle in. It'll be like meeting a new person, nervous at first but okay once you get to know each other a little.

Driving lesson went well! Typical me, all that worrying for nothing :tongue: I didn't stall once which was shocking because I'm forever stalling when my bf takes me out for a lesson lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My first driving lesson I had last Sunday was great , we first went to a quiet road he explained everything to me then we drove round this loop for a bit and he was impressed, we then went onto the main road and got into 5th and 45-50 mph (I kept asking do you want me to slow down but he said keep at a speed you feel happy at) on a NSL road, then we went back into town and drove to work, Gave me such a mental high that managed to last all through 6 hours at work and when I got home

I had previous tuition but nothing on the road and it was only basic

Can't wait for my next lesson :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ha! My Instructor was a complete nightmare! He had no idea of the area and took me down the wrong type of roads for a first lesson. I ended up getting out of the vehicle after I was taken around a very busy roundabout by mistake, Not knowing the gears very well I stalled. After that I got a new driving instructor who was miles better and much more friendly. The post also talks about my feelings and other things you need to know about like taxing a vehicle, where to find the best petrol prices (they do differ) and best car insurance for new learners.:smile:
On my first lesson he took me to a quiet place, then we switched seats. We went through the cockpit drill for around 15 minutes. I told him I've had about one hour of previous experience, then we drove around the quiet area for around another 10 minutes, he then asked me if I was ready for the main roads, (Which I said yes to). So I drove around doing T junctions etc. We then found a hill, he told me to park on it so I knew what was coming. He quickly spoke about what I should do for the hill start then I did it perfectly first time. After all this I drove us home and went through how he thought I did etc.
Reply 124
Jumped in car, went to industrial estate, he explained things clearly and briefly as I told him I had some experience already driving, he let me get used to the car for a few minutes on the industrial estate then we headed out and turned left straight onto a national speed limit road (single) so I was doing 60 and getting used to all the gears. After that we drove and he explained as we went along for different areas of driving.

Other lessons after that were well explained also, never had another instructor, but I think he was one of the best in the town.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending