The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ivanka
Well, I'm having quite a mixed feeling about my first year, because there were a few things I was dissatisfied with. On the other hand, at least I know that now and I won't do the same mistakes again :wink: Besides, I've made some friends, which has made the year pleasant. I can't wait until I arrive for my exams, right now I¨m craving some Nando's meals (we don't have any in Czechia)... Oh no, my purse will cry :biggrin:

Lol, well nice to hear you're getting along good.:smile:

When's your first exam?

Well your purse might cry, but your stomach won't be crying, that's for sure :wink:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
This is the first time I've logged on to the student room since coming down to UCL- funny how I used to stalk the UCL threads the whole of last year in anticipation to coming down to London.
Anyway, thought I would show myself again- as a UCL student!
Heya all!
Reply 2122
Original post by Ultimate1
Lol, well nice to hear you're getting along good.:smile:

When's your first exam?

Well your purse might cry, but your stomach won't be crying, that's for sure :wink:

My first one is on Tuesday and it's Arabic oral. Only 15 min in total, so not that bad as a warm-up :biggrin: What about you?
I have my first exam tomorrow. French oral :frown:
Original post by Ivanka
My first one is on Tuesday and it's Arabic oral. Only 15 min in total, so not that bad as a warm-up :biggrin: What about you?

My first in on Friday :eek:.

Good luck with your exams!
La la la la la, Spanish oral exam at half 10 tomorrow, only now writing the presentation, la la la la la.
Having my essay writing block, hence why I'm only on 360 words.
Reply 2127
Original post by rockrunride
La la la la la, Spanish oral exam at half 10 tomorrow, only now writing the presentation, la la la la la.

Ah good luck! What level is that? Last year it took me a couple of days to write mine... (not Spanish though) :smile:
Reply 2128
Original post by lilys
Ah good luck! What level is that? Last year it took me a couple of days to write mine... (not Spanish though) :smile:

I also worked on mine for a few days, but that was because I just decided to break it down into more "blocks" to be able to review it afterwards from another perspective, if it makes sense...

I'm also doing mine tomorrow, I'm pretty confident, not that it's gonna be perfect, but I know I can adhere to the time. I was initially slightly worried that I wouldn't be able to fill five minutes, but then I realised that I'd still be able to carry on even after seven minutes!
Original post by lilys

Fourth year. Exam went alright I suppose, not amazing but I'm pretty much past caring. Quite frankly can't wait to be rid of UCL. SELCS are utterly terrible. The library's rammed and the expectation of us is ridiculous. I've loved my four years here but the time has definitely passed to leave.
Reply 2130
Original post by rockrunride
Fourth year. Exam went alright I suppose, not amazing but I'm pretty much past caring. Quite frankly can't wait to be rid of UCL. SELCS are utterly terrible. The library's rammed and the expectation of us is ridiculous. I've loved my four years here but the time has definitely passed to leave.

I guess I could have your attitude only if I had a graduate position lined up... And with no success with internships this year so far, I can see even my plan B options fading away :smile:
Reply 2131
Meh, after a year in the Italian university system, I can't wait to get back to SELCS and I'll never complain about their disorganisation again. Possibly.
Reply 2132
My first real exam (not speaking) is tomorrow. I've looked at all the past papers, and there's been some questions that I'm confident I'd do well at. I bet that they'll all be horrible tomorrow since the good ones have been used.
Good luck. Had French oral today, went a lot better than Spanish, so progress!

Library at half 8 tomorrow morning. 13 day blitz for post-Civil War literature!
Reply 2134
My first exam is three weeks today. Jesus. Thank God all I have to do is memorise the books, no one here expects and/or wants you to have your own opinions.

Good luck, guys! PJ, looking forward to the year abroad (despite my negativity, sorry!)?
Reply 2135
Somebody on my facebook has an exam on Tottenham Court Road this afternoon, wonder what's going to happen...
Original post by ily_em
Somebody on my facebook has an exam on Tottenham Court Road this afternoon, wonder what's going to happen...

Don't know if you've now already seen this, but: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1204/27042012-exam-disruption

Pretty scary stuff. :/
Reply 2137
Original post by gumball
Don't know if you've now already seen this, but: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1204/27042012-exam-disruption

Pretty scary stuff. :/

What time did the police close ths street? I am just wondering if people were forced to leave from their exams early.
Reply 2138
Original post by Lizia
My first exam is three weeks today. Jesus. Thank God all I have to do is memorise the books, no one here expects and/or wants you to have your own opinions.

Good luck, guys! PJ, looking forward to the year abroad (despite my negativity, sorry!)?

I'm quite indifferent really. I didn't get my choices, and I've been put in a universita per stranieri, which sounds pretty crap. I still haven't heard anything from them. I've no idea if that's normal.

I might get a bit more excited when I visit after exams. Hopefully, anyway.

Are your exams all speaking ones again? Are you looking forward to your return to SELCS?
Reply 2139
Original post by PJ991
I'm quite indifferent really. I didn't get my choices, and I've been put in a universita per stranieri, which sounds pretty crap. I still haven't heard anything from them. I've no idea if that's normal.

I might get a bit more excited when I visit after exams. Hopefully, anyway.

Are your exams all speaking ones again? Are you looking forward to your return to SELCS?

Is that Siena? The people I know there are having a pretty good time, so I'm sure you'll like it :smile: I'd quite like to go to a university for foreigners, I don't really have many Italian friends here anyway haha. I don't think we heard anything about milan until the summer holidays, they get around to telling you stuff eventually!

Yup, all oral exams. Bleurgh. But I'm much more chilled about them now, so no worries. Back on May 30th, absolutely can't wait. The last semester has gone so fast, but I'm definitely ready to come back to London, I have such a new appreciation for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending