University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by Mother_Russia
Terrible times!

Spent ages changing my UCL password (as per usual).
Then forgot said password, and got blocked trying to access my e-mail.
Coursework sent by my tutor still in my inbox, hadn't printed it out yet. Can't access moodle either of course.
Job applications to be sent out by 31st December (can use my gmail account, but would have LIKED to use my UCL one)
I am to understand that the ISD desk is closed until the new year (I will be phoning them on 27th like mad)....But am I going to go up to London before NYE for this??
At any rate, I will be leaving for London on the 2nd Jan at the latest, to get said coursework done!!!

Rant over. Have pity please? :frown:

Pity granted. I had the same problem with the password last month but as least the help desk was open back then...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Back to university in a couple of hours.

Fun.
Original post by Ade9000
Back to university in a couple of hours.

Fun.

Work in a couple of hours :awesome:

Fun!
Reply 2463
Hi,
is there any student of the Master in Financial Risk Management here? Or does anybody know a student of that master? need some infos about that master from a current student
thanks
Reply 2464
What actually happens in term three? Obviously I know there are exams, but in the weeks after coming back from Easter and before the exam period, do you just revise independently? Sorry if this should be in the 'ask a UCL student' thread, but I am a current student so I thought I'd try here.
Original post by molly.
What actually happens in term three? Obviously I know there are exams, but in the weeks after coming back from Easter and before the exam period, do you just revise independently? Sorry if this should be in the 'ask a UCL student' thread, but I am a current student so I thought I'd try here.

Term 3...you're on your own. Unless your department organises revision sessions. And then after your last exam...freedom.
Anyone know where I can find my exam number? Submitting coursework and they don't want my name just a code.
Reply 2467
Original post by Noodlzzz
Anyone know where I can find my exam number? Submitting coursework and they don't want my name just a code.

On Portico, under 'results and awards'

Are you sure it's not your student number? Normally I just give in my student number for coursework.
Reply 2469
Any UCL mathmos here?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by lilys
On Portico, under 'results and awards'

Are you sure it's not your student number? Normally I just give in my student number for coursework.

Only have my ID nubmer. Would it be LQUAR79? (my UPI)
Only have my ID nubmer. Would it be LQUAR79? (my UPI)

No.....your student number off your student ID? Don't think it's got any letters in it.
No.....your student number off your student ID? Don't think it's got any letters in it.

No worries found it now :smile:
Reply 2473
In the first year, I managed to put my student number on essays several times, no-one gave a damn about it and I was also told that as long as there's not my name it's fine. I wouldn't do it again though, just to be on the safe side.
uploading essays to turnitin...

no... TURNING... back now...
Original post by Ivanka
In the first year, I managed to put my student number on essays several times, no-one gave a damn about it and I was also told that as long as there's not my name it's fine. I wouldn't do it again though, just to be on the safe side.

Back in the day (2008-9 ish, pre-SELCS) we used to put our names on our essays :moon:
crikey. unimaginable! we even have a special moodle page specifically for essay hand in now
Original post by JoannaMilano
I'm not looking forward to getting my essay marks online. I dont know why, but somehow for me clicking on a page to see the mark is more nerve-wracking than collecting an envelope!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was pretty much how I found out my degree result. Password protected page, and everyone was categorised by class and then listed in candidate number order. I remember going straight down to the 'Lower Second' list to look for my number.. and when it wasn't there, I felt a rush of glory that I had never felt before and probably won't feel again!

Sometimes I go back to that page to see if my candidate number is still there :colondollar:
Original post by JoannaMilano
So got my graduation details today. It's at 18.45, for a hour and a half ceremony followed by a 1-2 hour drinks reception. What?! I want to do sunny post-ceremony hat throwing in the quad then a nice dinner with my parents and drinks with my friends, not leave UCL at 22.30 and have to run for the last train home. Surely no one wants a ceremony at that time! It's prime nice-meal-to-celebrate-graduation time, and just plain inconvenient. My parents only live in Kent and this timing makes it a pain in the arse for them/us to get home, I feel sorry for anyone who lives further out!

Oh, and it's £130 just in tickets and robe hire alone. Jesus. You'd think considering tuition fees that UCL could at least let the graduand go for free.

Seriously considering seeing if you can just hire robes for the afternoon, take loads of pictures with friends and skip the ceremony in favour of a nice dinner with the parents.

You might as well if you can. The prices they charge are a total joke, no idea what they go towards. £30 for the poxy DVD as well, captive audience charge for it being 'your moment'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending