The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

rockrunride
Sorry to change the topic lads and lasses, but is there anyone here (apart from Ed and myself) originally from a state comp?

I haven't met a single one on my course yet.

Yeah, me. I'm from a particularly bad one too. Damn proud of it :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
rockrunride
Sorry to change the topic lads and lasses, but is there anyone here (apart from Ed and myself) originally from a state comp?

Ya! I am. hehe. I remember feeling that last year two but in reality it doesn't actually matter unless the person/people in question is/are pompous ass(es)!
Reply 62
rockrunride

Certainly am and I have met a fair few on my course although we are the minority by quite a long way.
Reply 63
I've found it kinda depends on subject, within archaeology I'd say it is 70% state to 30% private - possibly even higher state percentage. However in my Greek class I'd say it's probably about 90% private.
Reply 64
Onearmedbandit
Thirdly, I got elected to the union council :biggrin: I'm important now. I can make laws and get free drinks.

Let's not open that little can of worms up again...:mad:
Dann
Let's not open that little can of worms up again...:mad:

Well, that's an exaggeration. They are planning on giving something to council members, but it'll most likely be a few vouchers for tea/coffee/coke.
Reply 66
Onearmedbandit
Well, that's an exaggeration. They are planning on giving something to council members, but it'll most likely be a few vouchers for tea/coffee/coke.

Thats not the point, its more the principle. :mad:
Reply 67
Wangers

Yeah, it's the principle. You deserve muffins as well.
rockrunride

Yes. State, non-selective, in the North.
Reply 69
*sighs in relief* Good to know, guys.

Though the public school kids here are virtually indistinguishable from the state ones.
I might be a regular on here soon. Hope I enjoy it. :smile:
Reply 71
rockrunride
*sighs in relief* Good to know, guys.

Though the public school kids here are virtually indistinguishable from the state ones.

What difference does it make? I zone out when people ask what school I went to, there are so many more interesting things in life.
Wangers

OK what's the principle? Go for it. If you convince me, I'll propose a motion to overturn the previous motion.
Reply 73
Wangers
What difference does it make? I zone out when people ask what school I went to, there are so many more interesting things in life.

I was shocked, rather, thinking "how the hell do you expect to have heard of it?", before realising that he expected me to come from a public school.
im from a state comp, I find it doesnt make much of a difference (apart from when the 'which school did you go to?') question comes up.
Wangers
Theres a rumour going round that the law xmas ball is in the quad? Thats gotta be ********, right?

Its in the jeremy bentham room.

state secondary/6th form college as well.
necessarily benevolent
I might be a regular on here soon. Hope I enjoy it. :smile:

Meaning...?
Reply 77
dismal_laundry
Meaning...?

He's trying to intrude in our exclusive thread. How rude tbh :p:
Hmmm...
Reply 79
did anyone else go to Christmas in the Quad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending