The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I won't exactly fail, did the last math exam I failed to do in May yesterday. However, I will probably fail to achieve 40 points, a goal for me. So I'm a bit depressed, even though 39 points isn't exactly bad or anything. So, you worry you will fail altogether? I was worried 'bout that too, but it went reasonably well.
I do at times. So far from assessments I have 24 points added together but I need a lot more to get to the uni I want so with the pressure I worry about failing...what are you getting?
Reply 3
not to scare you off, i was predicted 32 points and i got 23...
topman21
not to scare you off, i was predicted 32 points and i got 23...

:shifty: Why'd you have to say that?(I am so far predicted 20) in the first two months....
Reply 5
Yeah, I have a really bad feeling about the exams in May. Although I'm probably not predicted that low, I just have a dreaded feeling that I'm going to blank out. My math teacher said the other day that he thinks our class is going to break the record for failing... Hope not.
ivy12003
Yeah, I have a really bad feeling about the exams in May. Although I'm probably not predicted that low, I just have a dreaded feeling that I'm going to blank out. My math teacher said the other day that he thinks our class is going to break the record for failing... Hope not.

Well that's encouraging:rolleyes: which maths class do you take?
Reply 7
ArticFlames
Well that's encouraging:rolleyes: which maths class do you take?

Just regular Mathematics SL.
I feel overwhelmed. Good thing the feeling will pass soon. Hopefully, anyway. :erm:

Not too nice of the teacher saying you guys will break the failing record.
Do you mean "IB a failure"?
The Bachelor
Do you mean "IB a failure"?

Do you have dyslexia or something?
Reply 11
Everyone in my year had this feeling. we all thought we hadnt done well on IAs or that our teachers hadnt prepared us enough or came out of exams certain we'd failed them. we didnt, none of us did! i know its hard when you're a second year and its all so stressful and theres deadline after deadline but just keep going, you've come this far.

as for the person whos teacher said that... we had similar things said to us involving biology. revise and work hard and then in july wave your 6 or 7 in their face!
Just try and do your best, use as many past papers as you possibly can! Good luck, don't get too stressed and make sure you keep a life outside of working :p:
Reply 13
yeah... getting too stressed will be more of a downfall (says the girl who spent her hour and a half german exam in hysterics cause she couldnt ans a question)
Reply 14
yeah at the moment i am really crapping myself i am predicted 25 which is a pass but i really need to get 33 at the minimum to get where i want to go and get what i want to get. there are just soooo many assignments and its really horrible when you work really hard on somthing and the teachers say well this isnt good enough (failing to explain why) IB is just kinda crappy atm!
Reply 15
everyone feels like that in the 2nd year of IB. actually most people feel it in A levels. just keep plodding through. 8 points isnt that much to improve by.
Ari_ben_ami
yeah at the moment i am really crapping myself i am predicted 25 which is a pass but i really need to get 33 at the minimum to get where i want to go and get what i want to get. there are just soooo many assignments and its really horrible when you work really hard on somthing and the teachers say well this isnt good enough (failing to explain why) IB is just kinda crappy atm!

I know exactly what you mean, it was my schools first year and it was utter crap. I didn't even get the diploma in the end! yet, I've managed to get myself into university (and a very highly respected one at that) where I'm getting 1sts and 2.1s, so don't let it all get to you! All I can see is concentrate on past papers, even if you haven't covered the topics yet, use a past paper and expand from them, if you reach a question you can't do, go and research it. Most importantly, don't get stressed, do things you enjoy and don't let it get to you
Reply 17
I dont have any problem with my 6 subjects from failing. i am only worried about my EE and my TOK essay (not presentation). Not that I will fail on both, but feared i will achiever a low grade. I mean come on, everyone is feared to be marked by an external examiner on an essay in this importance.
Reply 18
i got a d in my EE and a B in my tok and got one point.

no one failed tok/ee in my school. you can get 0 points and still pass.
jc_bach
I dont have any problem with my 6 subjects from failing. i am only worried about my EE and my TOK essay (not presentation). Not that I will fail on both, but feared i will achiever a low grade. I mean come on, everyone is feared to be marked by an external examiner on an essay in this importance.

Don't worry too much about them, I put so much work and effort into my EE and my teacher thought it would be an A, then I got a C for it...

On the other hand, I did my TK essay in 30mins and got an A

Latest

Trending

Trending