The Student Room Group

PANIC regarding IBM app form!

Ok, so I sent of my form today. It was fully completed when I sent it off. I had completed area of interest, all qualifications, etc. I even saved it to make sure. I then clicked, submit draft and it takes you through the app to make sure you've done everything. Only thing I had to update was Max travel cos for some reason that kept resetting.

When I reviewed my application and saw my details, whatever I put in other qualifications (GCSES) had disappeared.
This wasn't a huge problem as they are on the CV as well but something that made me freak out even more is that it deleted my area of interest, finance!!

Is it supposed to do this?
Please help. :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know??
I was going to withdraw my application, but it says I wont be apply to reapply to that particular job. I don't know what to do!
Reply 2
Sorry it took a while but I just checked and my area of interest is still there.

Are you sure that you entered it?

Also, I think you should email IBM and explain to them what happened?
sleekchic
Sorry it took a while but I just checked and my area of interest is still there.

I have contacted them. I've had nothing but problems with that netmedia site. first it decided to say my user didnt exist so i had to make a new one.

now this. I had contacted them about that issue but they dont bother to get back to me ... :s-smilie:

im thinking of doing an app on a new email and then withdrawing the app on the current user. that should work surely?
sleekchic

I have contacted them. I've had nothing but problems with that netmedia site. first it decided to say my user didnt exist so i had to make a new one.

now this. I had contacted them about that issue but they dont bother to get back to me ... :s-smilie:

im thinking of doing an app on a new email and then withdrawing the app on the current user. that should work surely?
Reply 5
Clements-

I suppose that could work but it might recognise your name or something. I think you should try but definitely don't withdraw the other one until you finish this.
sleekchic
I suppose that could work but it might recognise your name or something. I think you should try but definitely don't withdraw the other one until you finish this.

I think it recognises on email.
When i created a new account, i signed up with a different email but put the old one as a contact. It then merged the same application with the other 2 accounts.
It seems fine cos its letting me start a new application and not merging with other apps. But if it lets me submit, i'll withdraw the old one.

I'm hoping it doesnt mess up else I'll have to ring portsmouth, which thankfully is their head office
I sure hope it doesnt mean finance is full or something! I doubt it would be surely? I know most are based in portsmouth for finance but it's only november!
whats even more weird is that area of interest is a required field so i'd have had to filled it in else it wouldnt have let me submit.....
Reply 9
dont worry, placements wont be filled up until June, November is incredibly early for IBM applications and youre more likely to get what area you want AND where you want :wink: Just wait for someone to reply to your email (though they might take quite a while, IBM are notoriously slow...) dont make a new account or whatever.
hope that helps
Does it say finance is full?
kcfch
dont worry, placements wont be filled up until June, November is incredibly early for IBM applications and youre more likely to get what area you want AND where you want :wink: Just wait for someone to reply to your email (though they might take quite a while, IBM are notoriously slow...) dont make a new account or whatever.
hope that helps

crap i already made a new one.
Luckily, its now showing my qualifications but still not area of interest. they wont like penalise me for doing a new app and withdrawing my old one will they?
Should I email them and explain why I have done this to cover my back?
kcfch
hope that helps

The deadline is in March so how come placements wouldn't be full till June?

Also, on the website it says applications are first come first served and they started in October so people would already have been applying.
Reply 13
Clements-
crap i already made a new one.
Luckily, its now showing my qualifications but still not area of interest. they wont like penalise me for doing a new app and withdrawing my old one will they?
Should I email them and explain why I have done this to cover my back?

You could re-email them telling you what youve done so that they know they can disregard the first one. Dont worry, its not too much of a problem, you wont get penalised or anything :smile:

sleekchic
The deadline is in March so how come placements wouldn't be full till June?

Also, on the website it says applications are first come first served and they started in October so people would already have been applying.

The deadline is March, but like last year, they extended it to June because there was a lack of applications for some areas. And yes, there will be some applications now, but I know many people who applied in April or so(myself included) and theyre all there now.
I'm really worried now. I'm going to call their customer services that it lists on the netmedia website tomorrow. I need them to wipe my customer details on the old app. You don't think they'd actually reject me for applying twice?
kcfch
You could re-email them telling you what youve done so that they know they can disregard the first one. Dont worry, its not too much of a problem, you wont get penalised or anything :smile:

The deadline is March, but like last year, they extended it to June because there was a lack of applications for some areas. And yes, there will be some applications now, but I know many people who applied in April or so(myself included) and theyre all there now.

I imagine finance will fill up fairly quickly though since their website says the majority of placements for finance are in portsmouth. Oh well. My application is good and I'm really happy with CV. But, who knows if I'm competing with amazing people lol
kcfch

Did that include areas like finance and locations like London?

Thanks
Reply 17
finance is one of the more popular roles, however portsmouth isnt so popular with gap year students (theres only 1 futures student in portsmouth this year), everyone wants the london roles....
kcfch
finance is one of the more popular roles, however portsmouth isnt so popular with gap year students (theres only 1 futures student in portsmouth this year), everyone wants the london roles....

Ooh, that's good. London would be so pointless for me, because the accomodation costs would take up so much of whatever I earn. Whereas, the portsmouth office is a 5 minute drive from where i live pretty much :smile: So I can stay with my parents and get cheap, cheap rent :biggrin:
kcfch

That's made me more nervous because I live in essex and can only apply for the London roles.

Latest