The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sleekchic
That's made me more nervous because I live in essex and can only apply for the London roles.

dont worry, get your application in asap, and if you get through, youll have a much bigger chance of getting a london role :smile:
Reply 21
is there a Birmingham office?
kcfch
dont worry, get your application in asap, and if you get through, youll have a much bigger chance of getting a london role :smile:

I applied on friday and I havn't heard anything yet but it's still early days. What area did you apply for last year?
Reply 23
is there a Birmingham office?
Reply 24
Im not entirely sure, but I dont think there is a Birmingham office. If you go on the website, it will say where the locations are.
In reply to sleekchic, I applied to Marketing, Sales and Finance but unfortauntely as I was so late I didnt get any of these :frown: Im now in software development which is based in Hursley, Winchester. Also, I just went on the website and you now get £15k salary :angry:
kcfch
Im not entirely sure, but I dont think there is a Birmingham office. If you go on the website, it will say where the locations are.
In reply to sleekchic, I applied to Marketing, Sales and Finance but unfortauntely as I was so late I didnt get any of these :frown: Im now in software development which is based in Hursley, Winchester. Also, I just went on the website and you now get £15k salary :angry:

So you had to move to Winchester

Did you already have relatives there or did you have to find accomodation yourself?

How much was the salary last year?
It can sometimes take a good while to get a reply, espically at this stage. I've been told it can take up to two weeks.
I applied sometime ago and haven't heard back. I think I may leave it a bit longer and then contact them.

Clements, did you find out about Deloitte?
Reply 27
sleekchic
So you had to move to Winchester

Did you already have relatives there or did you have to find accomodation yourself?

How much was the salary last year?

yup, I had to move out... had to find accomodation myself so thats a chunk out of my salary
best thing is obviously to live at home, but then again the experience you gain by moving out is priceless. I can now cook, clean and am more independent :P it also prepares you really well for uni, this is a lot harder than uni as you wont have a million other people to talk to. Although some of the futures this year got a house together in southampton (5 of them) which is quite nice. My salary is £13.5k :frown:
scottish_student
It can sometimes take a good while to get a reply, espically at this stage. I've been told it can take up to two weeks.
I applied sometime ago and haven't heard back. I think I may leave it a bit longer and then contact them.

Clements, did you find out about Deloitte?

Not yet. How long did it take them to get back to you about interviews?
Clements-
Not yet. How long did it take them to get back to you about interviews?

Its a reallly longgggg feeling process. But when you think about it, its not that bad. Its just because you are waiting for something you want.

I sat my tests on a Monday over two weeks ago (27th Oct) and I have just today, at 5pm been given my date for an interview which is two weeks away. So from doing tests and to the interview, it is about a whole month! Which is unfortunately standard around this time the Graduate Recruitment person told me, because it is so busy. But there are still alot of places left, so its fine. They wouldn't have accepted your application if they didn't have enough places. I was told to be calm and wait, rather than be constantly "omg where is my response" because they tend to value your application less. I would give it until monday, then start emailing. Good luck
Yeah, I won't be emailing them. It's only IBM I've had to email 2 or 3 times about the masses of errors with the application site.
God I know. I found it terrible. I was similar to you, I entered soooooo much and then it was all gone. I got it sorted though (I hope), but i've still not heard anything. Good luck and let me know if you hear anything from either. :]
scottish_student
God I know. I found it terrible. I was similar to you, I entered soooooo much and then it was all gone. I got it sorted though (I hope), but i've still not heard anything. Good luck and let me know if you hear anything from either. :]

how did you manage to sort it out? mine is still missing finance :frown:
Reply 33
what do you mean 'missing' finance?
2strong
what do you mean 'missing' finance?

As in I filled in that my area of interest was finance. And when I review my app, it is no longer there! It is showing no area of interest. It's just blank.
I got an email today inviting me to take the test but I am really worried.

What if I fail the test?

What's it like?
Reply 36
sleekchic
I got an email today inviting me to take the test but I am really worried.

What if I fail the test?

What's it like?

Hey mind if I ask when you sent your application off?
scottish_student

THEY CALLED ME TODAY :smile: wanted to discuss interview dates but wasnt available to answer so they left a message
2strong
Hey mind if I ask when you sent your application off?

On friday.

Have you applied yet?
Clements-
THEY CALLED ME TODAY :smile: wanted to discuss interview dates but wasnt available to answer so they left a message

Yay. Congrats, did you call back? When is your interview? :smile:

Latest