The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Volunteer at a charity shop for a little while, then you'll have some experience under your belt. :smile:
Reply 21
I organised tons of charity events at my old college. Nearly all of them infact. Is this any good?
Reply 22
A friend of mine was actually rejected my McDonald's quite recently. Pretty much means you have failed at life..
As for getting a job just apply pretty much anywhere and everywhere. If you can get an interview and you come across as confident and sociable your pretty much sorted.
I've applied for 11 places or so and never hear back.
Might be because the people are always putting my form somewheree when i had it in and it gets lost. I applied to like:
Boots
Marks and Spencer
Zavvi
Whsmith
Allied Carpets.
woolworths.
Argos.
Game

i cant work at sainsburys, they treated me like crap so i left

and they say they if they dont get back to you in two weeks you have been unsuccesful, why is it so hard for me to get a job.
Have you tried any of the online applications?

I'd reccomend being as persistant as you can though, ring up every few days and see if they still are looking for staff because with Christmas vacancies they tend to come and go pretty frequently so its good to be up to date with what positions are on offer.
Reply 25
keep at it :smile: good luck
dominos are looking for staff, i might try there
I was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks agao, kept applying at places like Boots, Argos, Laura Ashley, Whittards... but they were all taken :frown:

Anyway, since then i looked at websites for the hotels/B&B's around me and i got a job at a posh hotel asa a spa assistant :smile:, i also put up a babysitting advert and i am babysitting too. I think if you look at more local things then you could find a more interesting job easily and they tend to respond quickly.

It depends what sort of place you want to work, is it just shop work?
Im a qualified holiday rep but i have no idea what i can do with that
Reply 29
holiday rep try travel agencies,but try the other supermarkets asda morrisons etc their always employing due to high staff turnover keep at it dont give up, and keep applying until things actually really do get bad, unemployment wise.
Reply 30
BananaMuffin
I was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks agao, kept applying at places like Boots, Argos, Laura Ashley, Whittards... but they were all taken :frown:

Anyway, since then i looked at websites for the hotels/B&B's around me and i got a job at a posh hotel asa a spa assistant :smile:, i also put up a babysitting advert and i am babysitting too. I think if you look at more local things then you could find a more interesting job easily and they tend to respond quickly.

It depends what sort of place you want to work, is it just shop work?

Anywhere really that's part-time and no longer than 15 hours a week.
Reply 31
In my experience, it's rather a question of who you know.. I know.. It sucks.. But if you want a job, tell people about it... Family, friends, neighbors, teachers, coach etc.. People that know (and like :wink: ) will help you find a job and that's the way it is.. Why do you think fat old guys still run americas huge companies?!?! They are put there through their connections and together they form a group that become a family, very much like the maffia :wink: And if something happens, they just change the position from one company to another.... So if you really want a job, be out there, talk to people and find your family :wink:

Arrivederci

Latest

Trending

Trending