The Student Room Group

How do I get rid of creases in a skirt?

I borrowed a friends black skirt for a church service on Sunday (mine was too tatty), and it now has loads of lap creases in it which weren't there before. I don't know why I've made it crease and she doesn't, but that's just how it seems to be with all my skirts. Anyway, is there any way of getting rid of them so the skirt looks as good as it did for when I give it back to her? Ironing doesn't seem to have worked. :frown:
Reply 1
Please help - I have to give it back on Friday!:frown:
wash it well, and iron it/press it whilst damp inside out

what's the material btw?
Sit on it, back to front, then the lap creases will be on the back - less noticeable :biggrin:
Reply 4
Christian_j
Sit on it, back to front, then the lap creases will be on the back - less noticeable :biggrin:

I shouldn't laugh. Or even be posting this. It's not helpful. Sorry :frown:
I always break peoples clothes, so i've decided not to borrow anymore
What material is it?
I'd iron it inside out, on the highest heat setting it allows, with lots of steam, and also spray it with water. Than hang it up ASAP :smile:
Reply 6
Hang the skirt up in your bathroom, have a really hot shower, and the steam from that should help get creases out
Reply 7
hang it up in the bathroom and put the shower on REALLY hot. the steam should make the creases drop out.
Reply 8
~nat~
Hang the skirt up in your bathroom, have a really hot shower, and the steam from that should help get creases out

beat me to it :frown:
Reply 9
Thanks guys. I'll try that tonight. :smile:
Only iron black stuff inside out.
try ironing it maybe?
Reply 12
I was going to say use your steamer - but most people don't have one... try the shower thing.

Are the creases really that bad?

Latest