The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Change them to something else — try using ALT+0151 instead.
Do you still have it saved on your computer? If so, did you write it in Word and then copy + paste it in Notepad?
Reply 3
motherofpearl
Do you still have it saved on your computer? If so, did you write it in Word and then copy + paste it in Notepad?

i wrote it in word and then copy and pasted it directly into the PS box on UCAS. that alt + ... doesnt work because im on a laptop....i can do it at school tomorrow, but what does that alt +... turn out as?
Reply 4
isabella19
i wrote it in word and then copy and pasted it directly into the PS box on UCAS. that alt + ... doesnt work because im on a laptop....i can do it at school tomorrow, but what does that alt +... turn out as?

ALT+0151 is a dash that looks like but I'm fairly sure it gets turned into a hyphen by UCAS's system. You can usually put it in on a laptop by turning numlock on and holding the Fn button as well (if you have one).
Reply 5
BJack
ALT+0151 is a dash that looks like but I'm fairly sure it gets turned into a hyphen by UCAS's system. You can usually put it in on a laptop by turning numlock on and holding the Fn button as well (if you have one).

ok thanks very much :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending