The Student Room Group

Sussex for law?

Due to massive problems with one of my subjects (lack of teaching), me and my whole class is doing dreadfully. Because of this i have only been predicted AAC which has ruined pretty much all of my chances of doing law at a good university. Anyway, i'm waiting on a couple of universities but i'm quite sure it'll be a no and Sussex is my best offer at ABB. I'm sure i will get AAB possibly even AAA in the summer but due to bad predicted grades, i'm not even getting offers. I've spoken to the head of sixth form about the poor standard of teaching and something is finally getting done now but too late really. I've been told to see how my offers go and then they'll start making important phonecalls. lol. Anyways, Is Sussex worth going to considering i will probably get better grades?? Should I re-apply?? Sorry to rant and go on but I have no one else to really ask.

I'd really appreciate some advice. Thanks xxx
Reply 1
If I made AAA in summer, and only had Sussex, then I'd personally pull out and reapply. (Despite the extra cost). I don't know where Sussex is league table wise, or even what sort of reputation it has overall, but if you got AAA you'd definetly be in with a chance at the top unis. That said, with the LNAT and slightly shaky admissions process, that isn't really guaranteed.

You should also consider how much you like Sussex itself, employment prospects after etc (I have a tiny feeling that bigger employers would be slightly biased towards the more well know law unis).

ETA: Plus, a bit in your reference about how you overcame the teaching difficulties to achieve an A would probably be good for next year too.
Reply 2
I apply to sussex as a back up but didnt bet on my teacher being so cruel. I never seriously considered it
Reply 3
twinkledust
Due to massive problems with one of my subjects (lack of teaching), me and my whole class is doing dreadfully. Because of this i have only been predicted AAC which has ruined pretty much all of my chances of doing law at a good university. Anyway, i'm waiting on a couple of universities but i'm quite sure it'll be a no and Sussex is my best offer at ABB. I'm sure i will get AAB possibly even AAA in the summer but due to bad predicted grades, i'm not even getting offers. I've spoken to the head of sixth form about the poor standard of teaching and something is finally getting done now but too late really. I've been told to see how my offers go and then they'll start making important phonecalls. lol. Anyways, Is Sussex worth going to considering i will probably get better grades?? Should I re-apply?? Sorry to rant and go on but I have no one else to really ask.

I'd really appreciate some advice. Thanks xxx

Sussex isn't a bad university, its just not particularly well known.

Latest

Trending

Trending