The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yeah i think she is a little bit too thin, but she still looks gorgeous.
I think anyone smaller than a size 8 is too thin, and as she probably is, then yeah =]
Reply 22
her style and make up make me look horrible.
Reply 23
I think she's beautiful, and if thats the size she is then fine.

People like her can't really win. . . if she put on 10lbs she would only be stuck all over magazine covers while they commented on her weight gain.

Poor old celebs eh :yep:
Reply 24
No i dont think so, shes tiny in build but not too skinny

besides girls her size are easy to toss around in bed with one hand which is always a great thing :smile:
Yeah, but it's true for most actresses and singers, unfortunately. They all need a thousand fattening sandwiches shoved down their throats.
Reply 26
Her accent is annoying and im a geordie aswell :s-smilie: it sounds so common on tv though
I don't think she is. She's hot the way she is. I think she looks better now than when she had more weight on her. She could put on weight and still look good, but in my opinion it'd be a change from her being very hot, to merely hot (which, tbh, is not a big deal!).
All of girls aloud have shrunk to the size of eight year olds since hitting the big time. Great image to promote to your impressionable fans ladies :rolleyes:

Sarah Harding looks particularly rough and jaggedy-limbed these days which is a shame as she was naturally quite pretty.
Reply 29
Here's a regular piccy of her, as opposed to the TV. Personally, I think she looks far too thin:

Reply 30
miki_da_magpie
Tbh, there is absolutely no need for that.

But take Victoria Beckham, for example - she has the waist size of a small child; surely that can't be entirely attributed to "genes"?

BTW, I'm not trying to be obnoxious, I'm just geniunally interested as to how you think someone with such a small body mass can be deemed as healthy.
Reply 31
jeh_jeh
But take Victoria Beckham, for example - she has the waist size of a small child; surely that can't be entirely attributed to "genes"?

BTW, I'm not trying to be obnoxious, I'm just geniunally interested as to how you think someone with such a small body mass can be deemed as healthy.

Also VB has polycystic ovarian syndrome which means she puts on weight very easily - her current shape is not natural for her at all.
jeh_jeh

How about midgets, or giants? Did they just eat too much, or too little? It's all down to genes jeh jeh. Our entire human makeup is due to genes. Sure we can change our body shape to an extent, there is no way you can reduce your bone size ratio though (as far as I know). So her little waist is due to genes. Whether she decides to fill it up or shrink it down is up to diet.

Im sick and tired of reading through threads and seeing the amount of "skinny" people slating, whereas you'd pretty much get lynched for calling a person "chubby, fat, or obese". It's gotten to a point where even the NHS are no longer allowed to call obese children "obese".
I think it's disgusting. And comments like "the fact that any woman can be the size of a pre-pubescent child (when women are designed to be able to bear children" (jeh jeh) are completely offtopic to this discussion. Why not rant about your prejudices somewhere else? Who are you to determine what the correct size a woman should be to bear children?
Reply 33
I personally think she is one of the hottest girls around at the moment..
Reply 34
miki_da_magpie
How about midgets, or giants? Did they just eat too much, or too little? It's all down to genes jeh jeh. Our entire human makeup is due to genes. Sure we can change our body shape to an extent, there is no way you can reduce your bone size ratio though (as far as I know). So her little waist is due to genes. Whether she decides to fill it up or shrink it down is up to diet.

Im sick and tired of reading through threads and seeing the amount of "skinny" people slating, whereas you'd pretty much get lynched for calling a person "chubby, fat, or obese". It's gotten to a point where even the NHS are no longer allowed to call obese children "obese".
I think it's disgusting. And comments like "the fact that any woman can be the size of a pre-pubescent child (when women are designed to be able to bear children" (jeh jeh) are completely offtopic to this discussion. Why not rant about your prejudices somewhere else? Who are you to determine what the correct size a woman should be to bear children?

First off, I think the reason people slate skinny celebrities is because there are some who're like that due to a very unhealthy and restrictive diet, and then other people decide to copy them. It's not even the skinniness that bothers me so much, it's more the fact that they won't admit to eating nothing.

With regards to the bolded point, I've read in pretty much every magazine when Victoria has wanted to have a baby that she's been advised by her doctor to put on weight. That, to me, signifies that she's too skinny. Yes, I know, there are exceptions to every rule (Keira Knightley, for example - her weight never, ever seems to fluctuate), but in the case of Cheryl Cole (to bring this long disgression back to its original point!), yes, I think she's too skinny.

By the way, I'm not a "skinny-hater" by any stretch of the imagination - I'd rather be that than obese! - but I think there's slim, and too skinny.
Reply 35
Yuffie
Also VB has polycystic ovarian syndrome which means she puts on weight very easily - her current shape is not natural for her at all.

Exactly. Pretty sure I read somewhere that she's gonna do the New York marathon, and that she's actually started eating carbs again to put on weight and gain energy. Kinda says quite a lot... :s-smilie:

I didn't know she has PCOS, though - she's been pretty lucky to have her three kids! :yep:
I think she is too thin.
So you think Cheryl is too skinny? And no longer slim? Ok fair enough, I guess everyone has different limits to what they would call skinny, fat, etc, everyone has their opinions. I was just annoyed with your "pre-pubescent" comment as I felt it was out of place to the conversation. I would rather see, in this day and age, "role models" (i say that in qoutes because I dont find celebrities particularly good role models anyways) that are conscious of their weight, then over weight celebs, theres enough inflation of obesity as it is.
Reply 38

Yes, she is very petite and slim, but not unhealthy looking in my opinion.
Reply 39
I think I wanna have a face like Cheryl when I grow up :love:

But yeah, sometimes I don't think she is too thin, but then you see a picture of all 5 standing together she does look very waif look.

Latest