The Student Room Group

How to go about answering a GCSE English Lit Question?

I'm not sure how to answer this question and was hoping you could help me! I just want to know how to set it out, not what the answer should be. The question is:

'Readers respond differently to different poems.
Compare your responses to Kid by Simon Armitage with your responses to one poem by Carol Ann Duffy and two poems from the Pre-1914 Poetry Bank.'

I'm not sure what it means by 'responses', well I know what a response is but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to include in it. So do I need to basically write my responses to both and then compare them afterwards or what?

Thanks everyone (: xx
Reply 1
Im sorry if this is too late but for future ref. when comparing choose a certain criteria for example themes, style, tone etc and talk about one poem, then say how the other is the same or different then move on. Then do a conclusion suggestive whether you think these poems are similar or alike and why, ie how did they make you feel and why? Which one is more effective and why? Was it certain techniques used? Do you agree with the message of one poem more than another and so on :smile:
Reply 2
Im sorry if this is too late but for future ref. when comparing choose a certain criteria for example themes, style, tone etc and talk about one poem, then say how the other is the same or different then move on. Then do a conclusion suggestive whether you think these poems are similar or alike and why, ie how did they make you feel and why? Which one is more effective and why? Was it certain techniques used? Do you agree with the message of one poem more than another and so on
thank you so much, that really helped (: xx
Reply 3
anytime :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending