The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Weirdo! :p:
Reply 2
Haha!
Reply 3
well, i have been told there is a Tiddly-winks society on Cambridge. A friend of mine was interviewed by the ginger guy in queens (maths) who runs it.
polthegael
Weirdo! :p:

I agree. The cartoon was a pile of arse.
The books were obviously masterworks of literature however

In fact, there is a list of societies online somewhere. I believe there isn't a Moomin one, although perhaps there should be. On a somehat similar note, there is a Winnie-the-Pooh Society. And the obligatory Monty Python and Tolkein appreciation Socs. And "Sheila and her Dog", a society for reading children's books in silly voices.
Reply 5
if its not there apparently its fairly easy to set up your own society
Reply 6
notyourpunk
if its not there apparently its fairly easy to set up your own society

So long as there's demand for the society, I'd imagine... hehehe.

Rob
RobSharpe
Well, if someone can talk about the "chocolate society", I thought I'd get this burning question off my chest...

Does there exist a Cambridge Moomin Appreciation Society?

Let's face it - the Moomins *were* the best carton ever - bar none!

I can settle for a Superted Appreciation Society, if that also exists :bebored:

Rob

The moomins used to completely scare the crap out of me. I used to sit there on the sofa on saturday mornings and watch, too petrified to turn it off. :frown:
It was the witch that did it. And the river when he put the hat in and it made a special drink, and when they went to that cave in the boat.... :frown:
Reply 8
TakemetoAvalon
The moomins used to completely scare the crap out of me. I used to sit there on the sofa on saturday mornings and watch, too petrified to turn it off. :frown:
It was the witch that did it. And the river when he put the hat in and it made a special drink, and when they went to that cave in the boat.... :frown:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww you were scared of the mooooomins!!!!! Aww bless! - I used to love them - so did my sister! Still sorta do! :biggrin: They're cute! I watched one episode in Japanese once I think, but most of the ones I watched were in Chinese :biggrin:

Although that episode on the snow queen was a lil scary I used to be scared of the snow queen that appeared on the Moomins :frown:
irisng
Awwwwwwwwwwwww you were scared of the mooooomins!!!!! Aww bless! - I used to love them - so did my sister! Still sorta do! :biggrin: They're cute! I watched one episode in Japanese once I think, but most of the ones I watched were in Chinese :biggrin:

Although that episode on the snow queen was a lil scary I used to be scared of the snow queen that appeared on the Moomins :frown:

Yeah, see they were scary :redface:

:biggrin:
the creepy little girl with the pointed hat and nose was the scariest!
i went to moomin land on holiday a few years ago (finland) and they're obsessed - moomin merchandise everywhere.
as far as cartoons go, it was pretty good, a bit gentler and more pastel-coloured than your average hyperactive-surreal-brightly-coloured-shapes modern rubbish.
Reply 11
you actually went there?
intriguing...
#They love the laughter and they love the living, the Moooooooooooooomins,
They're always happy and always at play, the Mooooooooooooomins are having fun day after day,
they were The Mooooooooooomins, they were The Moooooooooooooomins, they were The Moooooooooooomins#

Me!! ME !! I want to join! My favourite was Snufkin. Someone wrote in my year 11 leaving book I reminded them of Little My... is that like a good thing?
Reply 13
No, Arthur was the best cartoon ever. Bar none.
i know an actual moomin!! well not quite, but he looks JUST LIKE ONE. hes cute. and yeah the girl was pretty scary. anyone remeber rainbow? now THAT rocked my world.
Reply 15
rebeccajarman
i know an actual moomin!! well not quite, but he looks JUST LIKE ONE. hes cute. and yeah the girl was pretty scary. anyone remeber rainbow? now THAT rocked my world.

I have a friend who looks like a moomin too! :biggrin: Sadly, he disagrees with this fact.

I loved them, especially the theme tune!
The moomins defined our generation; those little dudes made me the man I am today.
Immortal Wombat
I agree. The cartoon was a pile of arse.
The books were obviously masterworks of literature however

HELL YEAH!

i came to the cambridge forum specially to make that comment, but it had already been made... so i shall support it.

~bow down to the groak~
hey, they were cute. with those big cute starey eyes.
Reply 19
fire-faery
the creepy little girl with the pointed hat and nose was the scariest!
i went to moomin land on holiday a few years ago (finland) and they're obsessed - moomin merchandise everywhere.
as far as cartoons go, it was pretty good, a bit gentler and more pastel-coloured than your average hyperactive-surreal-brightly-coloured-shapes modern rubbish.

Which girl was that? - you on about that really short girl with a pointed big nose and red dress? How's she scary??? :confused:

That monster that comes out sometimes I don't like him :frown: he's all fat and blue-purpley-grey and it goes "heeeeeeeee" with a massive triangular nose :frown:

And Takemetoavalon lol there *were* "scary" bits I suppose - there was this one where moomin and his girlfriend/friend were sitting on a water-lily and the naughty kid that looks like a kiwi had released a giant snake on them :frown: even though I like snakes :p:

And that snow queen is very scary - it had these star-iced "hands" and this spiky "crown" thing as hair with red eyes and a circular mouth :frown: and it was scariest when her eyes contracted into these red dots and then the girl in the red dress froze and turned into ice :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending