Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

van mildert college durham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel
It probably would be quite useful to get a drying rack and you can put it outside your room when needed, but you're likely to find that your whole corridor will want to borrow it :tongue: Most people will use the dryer after washing clothes, which costs 50p for half an hour and then an extra 10p for every extra 10 mins, and then a drying rack later if necessary for jeans etc that hadn't quite dried, but you prob won't need to use the drying rack much if you put clothes in for about 50 mins rather than just the half an hour :smile:

thank you!

do you know what students do with valuables? is there like locked drawers in the room or something or should i buy like a safe? ahhaaha paranoid over here!

thaaaaanks xxx
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by gleekchic
thank you!

do you know what students do with valuables? is there like locked drawers in the room or something or should i buy like a safe? ahhaaha paranoid over here!

thaaaaanks xxx

Just make sure you lock your door whenever you go out, and don't keep your windows open, especially if you're on the ground floor (although I've had no problems at all after four terms of living on ground).

If you do have the odd locked drawer, the key for it will probably be long-gone. :tongue:
Reply 82
Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel
I think as long as you do the compulsory modules required by the department (Core Maths A, B1 and B2 I think for Maths?) and the French modules you want to do fit in with the timetable it'll be fine :smile:

Thanks, that's good to know =) xx
Reply 83
surprise surprise i have another question :smile:
you know the dryer machines are 50 p, is there like a coin converter or do i have to always have 50 p?
i know thats such a random question
sorry
x
Reply 84
How are you BSC geogaphy people finding the course compared to A level?

I'm just about to send a van mildert physical geog appilcation!

Quick Reply

Latest