The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is a nice change from the norm; or at least it could be depending upon how it pans out...

EDIT: Very much OT, but please can someone help me -- are the words 'Tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner' in my signature green or dark grey? I have a mac and I wanted them to be dark grey, but I'm using a PC at the moment and it's turned green for some odd reason. I'm just wondering if the Windows world thinks I have absolutely no colour coordination? :p:
Reply 2
My older cousin rejected Cambrudge on the basis of the extremely high workload and the location. She went to Edinburgh University instead.
jismith1989
This is a nice change from the norm; or at least it could be depending upon how it pans out...

EDIT: Very much OT, but please can someone help me -- are the words 'Tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner' in my signature green or dark grey? I have a mac and I wanted them to be dark grey, but I'm using a PC at the moment and it's turned green for some odd reason. I'm just wondering if the Windows world thinks I have absolutely no colour coordination? :p:

I'd say dark grey.

I know someone who rejected Oxford, and it was because of the pressure and workload, so she went to one of the London unis instead, though I can't remember exactly which one.
Reply 4
jismith1989

its grey to me :P
Reply 5
My girlfriend rejected Cambridge because she preferred other places for medicine.
jismith1989

Green
Reply 7
Its lime green on IE, probably grey on firefox.

And there have been several threads on this topic before - so use search. Also have you read through the 'negatives of Oxbridge' thread in the same forum?
Reply 8
jismith1989

Green for me on IE.
Higgy90
its grey to me :P

Good -- must just be this old PC I'm using. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Looks like we have divided opinion. How odd... Maybe those who see it as grey are using Firefox?
Reply 10
I didn't get to the point of getting an offer, but I withdrew my application to Cambridge after two interviews on the basis that I received an offer from LSE which was my preference to study politics anyway. I still wonder whether I would have got an offer, but I don't regret my decision at all =)
Reply 11
jismith1989

It's bright green to me.
Reply 12
jismith1989

Dark grey, but I'm on a mac too
Reply 13
Poor Illigan's head is going to 'asplode' if he ever stumbles upon this thread.
Reply 14
Vincente
My older cousin rejected Cambrudge on the basis of the extremely high workload and the location. She went to Edinburgh University instead.

Ah I see, did she know about how high the workload was before she applied, or find out at the interviews?
Reply 15
Vincente
My older cousin rejected Cambridge on the basis of the extremely high workload and the location. She went to Edinburgh University instead.

good for her (nothing like bias :biggrin: )
jismith1989
Good -- must just be this old PC I'm using. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Looks like we have divided opinion. How odd... Maybe those who see it as grey are using Firefox?

I checked both as I'm extremely bored :smile::smile:
Grey on firefox & green on IE :biggrin:
Reply 17
Craghyrax
Its lime green on IE, probably grey on firefox.

And there have been several threads on this topic before - so use search. Also have you read through the 'negatives of Oxbridge' thread in the same forum?

I did try and search, well scanned the first couple of pages and couldn't find anything...and I was just curious for actual relevant personal experiences, not just what's bad about oxbridge.
BrightGirl
I know there are some people on here who rejected either uni after getting an offer, and i'm just interested as to what made you turn it down? :p:

One of my friends rejected Oxford to go to Harvard:eek:
Reply 19
I pre-emptively rejected Oxbridge, haha. :biggrin:

Solid_Snake_100
One of my friends rejected Oxford to go to Harvard:eek:

Harvard is generally ranked higher than Oxford, not that that really means anything.

Latest

Trending

Trending