London

UCL interview

For mechanical engineering.

"This offer is subject to you obtaining

See also a letter sent by the institution

You must attend the Department's Introductory Day, about which the Department
will contact you
shortly."

UCL have already given me a conditional offer, but they say there will be an interview on the open day and that i must attend this.

how formal will this be? what shall i wear? should i prepare myself thoroughly? can they reject me if i mess up in the interview?

i may be getting slightly paranoid?:no: :yep: :no:
Well, I'm not a Mech Eng student, but I can tell you that if they have already offered you a place, they cannot rescind it.

I'm sure you won't mess up in the interview though. Wear casual-formal clothes, for example I wore a blazer, casual shirt and school-type trousers.

Good luck :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
supposing im late for my interview or i miss part of the open day? what will happen?

my application:
shyamp
supposing im late for my interview or i miss part of the open day? what will happen?

my application:

It's not really good form to do that, no. Do you have a problem getting there or something?
Reply 4
rockrunride
It's not really good form to do that, no. Do you have a problem getting there or something?

its london, i might get caught in traffic or, tube/rail delays:no:
shyamp
its london, i might get caught in traffic or, tube/rail delays:no:

Whereabouts are you coming from? I'd leave plenty of time for the train; for example I used to live 2 hours away on the train from UCL, and my interview was in the afternoon. I left at 8.30 am, got there at 10.30 am and spent the morning "Londoning around". It was fun. :biggrin:

I'd say go earlier, and leave yourself bags of time.
Reply 6
rockrunride
Whereabouts are you coming from? I'd leave plenty of time for the train; for example I used to live 2 hours away on the train from UCL, and my interview was in the afternoon. I left at 8.30 am, got there at 10.30 am and spent the morning "Londoning around". It was fun. :biggrin:

I'd say go earlier, and leave yourself bags of time.

croydon
shyamp
croydon

Fair 'nuff. That's fairly easy, just hop on the Thameslink to St Pancras, should take about 20-30 minutes. I'd leave about two to three hours before your interview/open day starts, unless it's in the middle of the morning (i.e. 9am).
Reply 8
does anyone know what sort of questions UCL would ask for mechanical engineering interview?
Reply 9
shyamp
does anyone know what sort of questions UCL would ask for mechanical engineering interview?

Wagwan croydon boi!

I got an offer from ucl to read mech engg as wel. Is ur interview on 19th? (Btw i'm from croydon as wel!)
Reply 10
Why mechanical engineering? :biggrin:
ma2k5
Why mechanical engineering? :biggrin:

its the shizz

op what grades you predited?
Reply 12
shyamp

To the best of knowledge - based on the feed back from other kids last year - open day is just a formality. You just show up - and so would be many others and your place is confirmed. Obviously if you are not serious about the place - incase you have other preferred choices - then you will not waste time visiting and hence NO confirmation. :smile:

it is easy to be on time - coming from Croydon :smile:
Reply 13
thereddevil
its the shizz

AAA

wizz_kid
Wagwan croydon boi!

I got an offer from ucl to read mech engg as wel. Is ur interview on 19th? (Btw i'm from croydon as wel!)

No im having an interview for Queen Mary's on the 19th, so i rescheduled and its now on the 26th.
Reply 14
shyamp
AAA

No im having an interview for Queen Mary's on the 19th, so i rescheduled and its now on the 26th.

Kool. I did apply to QMUL. However on the last minute, i changed it to bristol.
Reply 15
thereddevil
its the shizz

I meant, thats a probably question in the interview.
Reply 16
ma2k5
I meant, thats a probably question in the interview.

yeh, i will prepare myself for that one :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending