The Student Room Group

Interview Preparation Days

My school offered to pay the whole thing for me because I'm the only person applying to Oxbridge from my school. I'm going on the one tomorrow, and I was just wondering what people wore if they've been on them before.

I'm going by myself so I don't want to be really smart and get laughed at or not smart enough and get laughed at.

Thanks if you can help! I really don't want to go and it's just another thing stressing me out atm!
Reply 1
simple casual / school clothes :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you!
Reply 3
Although I reckon most people will turn up casually (I've never been to one of these so I don't really know), I think you should wear whatever it is you're planning to wear to the actual interviews. For example, if you're wearing a suit type thing, and aren't used to wearing them, then it'd be good "practice".
Reply 4
Swayum
Although I reckon most people will turn up casually (I've never been to one of these so I don't really know), I think you should wear whatever it is you're planning to wear to the actual interviews. For example, if you're wearing a suit type thing, and aren't used to wearing them, then it'd be good "practice".

This is what I did. I was a bit more overdressed than others, but nobody cared.
Reply 5
I went in 2006 and wore a suit, and so did most of the other guys there. Girls were dressed smart-casual/business-casual. Have fun :smile:
Reply 6
:eek: For practice interview?

I would wear proper suit only for the actual...
Reply 7
I wore black jeans, boots and a check shirt and was the smartest girl there. Everyone else was in jeans (blue) and nice-ish tops. There was one lad in a suit tho :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending