The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ohh man! what would i say about not doing maths after GCSE ? i don't think i want Kings anymore, sounds very maths orientated!!
Reply 21
Just say something like "my interests were more science orientated, and at that time i wasn't interested in exploring the subject further, although now I understand the importance of it for my course and its requirement within the profession ( i.e Pharmaceutical calculation - there is an prereg exam that you need to get 70% in), and I know that I will strive to work as hard as possible to reach the levels of my fellow colleagues blah blah..."

I honestly don't have a great idea about what sort of questions come up, a I got a straight offer. In my opninion it seems that kings this year are doing a lot more interviews than normal. Like for the member who did AS maths, tbh they shouldn't be getting a interview, unles they got a grade lower than a C in it.

But anyway good luck guys, I'll try to help you as best as I can.
you only get interviewed if you don't do maths chem bio A2 i think... if you do then you just wait for an offer (correct me if i'm wrong?) but that's what i read on the prospectus
Reply 23
They may have changed the prospectus this year, because trust me it wasn't like that before, you could get a straight offer, if you had maths only to AS.
Reply 24
are you advising me not to go to Kings?
you know, the term "basic GCSE maths" is quite deceptive! i'll bet its not 'basic' at all.
chibi-sama
you only get interviewed if you don't do maths chem bio A2 i think... if you do then you just wait for an offer (correct me if i'm wrong?) but that's what i read on the prospectus

Yeah thats wrong lol, they want Maths to AS...i think interviews are either for borderline candidates, or because of the competitive nature of the course, for all candidates. The prospectus doesnt say that does it? I never read that :|
lol king's just changed their offers to only ABB the BBB/b has gone :O
3 A levels & 1 AS level
ABB
also the thing about the interview has gone but in the 2009 prospectus it does state(after checking it) that if you study Maths bio and chem then you don't need an interview however it's disappeared from the website.. -_- dunno what's up...

however on UCAS website...
GCE A/AS level grade range ABB-BBBb
Yes
Applicants are interviewed where they offer non-standard qualifications.
A proportion of candidates is interviewed.
Only applicants who do not study the preferred combination of A-Levels or may be from a non-traditional educational background may be called for interview.

so if you do study maths bio and chem you have the best chance i would say then others who do say chem bio and history of not having an interview
Reply 28
hey pEtz i am a new member to dis forum i was wonderin wa is the interview lyk and wa sort of ques cum up in the multiple choice test plez hlpppppp :biggrin::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie: i gt ma interview soo sooon :smile:
thanks
Reply 29
actualli cn ne1 hlp wif the interview plezz im reali stressin :s-smilie: :|
same :P lol puja, what date did ye get urs? i got mine day after the lsop one lol, sounds tough man..30 mins n then a friggin test n all lol. :/
Reply 31
sme i gt it da dai afta lsop aswell :\ im bree worried GR
on the bright side we got 2 weeks haha, im more stressin about the test rather than the interview, altho both are unnerving haha
Yeah good luck guys. Oh and Pujaa some people get annoyed about the slang on TSR..just a word of advice.
Reply 34
free_the_mind
Yeah good luck guys. Oh and Pujaa some people get annoyed about the slang on TSR..just a word of advice.

Agree, i ain't an oldie, but it just makes it harder for some to read it.

Pujaa918
hey pEtz i am a new member to dis forum i was wonderin wa is the interview lyk and wa sort of ques cum up in the multiple choice test plez hlpppppp :biggrin::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie: i gt ma interview soo sooon :smile:
thanks

Tbh, as I have said before I don't know more than what advise I have given in the thread about the interview, not a lot of people on TSR did it so its hard to get a lot of info on it.

Aliaaa
are you advising me not to go to Kings?

lool, ok that was supposed to be a hint but yes, I kinda am. I haven't heard a lot of great things about them, and unless you really want to go kings and have had your heart set upon them for a long time, then I can honestly say that there are plenty of better pharmacy schools around.
Reply 35
sorry for the slanggg thanks for your help anyway 8-)
Originally Posted By petzneo

lool, ok that was supposed to be a hint but yes, I kinda am. I haven't heard a lot of great things about them, and unless you really want to go kings and have had your heart set upon them for a long time, then I can honestly say that there are plenty of better pharmacy schools around.

Thats just one persons opinion. I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would argue otherwise etc. Go see the place and form your own opinion thats my best advice.
Reply 37
Oh no sorry, I agree.. it is my opinion, but you can't tell that from going to kings, you have to actually talk to the students outside of the open day. (Its just what I have percieved from a lot of students there)
Reply 38
Aahh i really want an interview at kings for pharmacy...i had my LSOP interview on wednesday which went really well methinks.

Just kings i am waiting for...i want it to be my first choice. And then LSOP xx
Reply 39
petzneo
well, I did three sciences and maths at AS ( dropped physics:smile: ) and got predicted ABB for chem, bio and maths.

You would get an interview, even with those predicted grades. The interview ain't that bad, just a simple maths test and a short interview.

But tbh with kings they mainly look at your P.S. and what you got at GCSE and AS, basically your current achievements. What did you get in your GCSEs I think a B or an A in maths will help.

So did they give you an inreview? I've done the exact same subjects and am predicted the same grades as you. I was hoping they didn't interview me!!

Latest

Trending

Trending