The Student Room Group
my friend is also waiting to hear from UCL 4 law- they seem to be taking their sweet time!
Reply 2
Prax
Ok people!! hey!! im desperate for a ucl offer!! :confused: i have my postcard but no other correspondance, what do you think that means?? please reply!!thanks

They have over 3000 applications for 150 places. Don't get your hopes up. They rejected me a couple of weeks ago.

I got the postcard too.
Reply 3
thnks!! i dno what to think anymore!!! i really want it!! did you have an interview? y are they rejecting people so far apart??
Reply 4
Prax
thnks!! i dno what to think anymore!!! i really want it!! did you have an interview? y are they rejecting people so far apart??

I didn't get an interview.
What does the postcard say? (rhetorical question)

They want to take their time about it, so don't start worrying about it so relatively early. I don't think anybody other than people applying for law with european studies will be aked to interview. I think the LNAT is supposed to replace interviews.

Anyway, it's almost as tough as Oxbridge, so don't get overly hopeful... I'm most certainly not. My grades are nothing outstanding so anything short of a masterful LNAT performance and I can forget about it :p: :redface: But don't worry about them taking their time! That can only be a good thing (let's hope)!
Reply 6
Onearmedbandit

They want to take their time about it, so don't start worrying about it so relatively early. I don't think anybody other than people applying for law with european studies will be aked to interview. I think the LNAT is supposed to replace interviews.

Anyway, it's almost as tough as Oxbridge, so don't get overly hopeful... I'm most certainly not. My grades are nothing outstanding so anything short of a masterful LNAT performance and I can forget about it :p: :redface: But don't worry about them taking their time! That can only be a good thing (let's hope)!

It may be harder than Oxbridge - after all, you have most of the Cambridge AND Oxford applicants applying to UCL to compete against. At least with Oxbridge you only get half the applicants.
Reply 7
Onearmedbandit

Exactly the position I'm in re the 'masterful LNAT performance'.
Reply 8
Lottelo
It may be harder than Oxbridge - after all, you have most of the Cambridge AND Oxford applicants applying to UCL to compete against. At least with Oxbridge you only get half the applicants.

Very good point, I hadn't thought about it like that, damn! Even with a masterful LNAT performance, probably still get rejected grr.
Reply 9
Onearmedbandit

I don't think anybody other than people applying for law with european studies will be aked to interview.

On the day I was interviewed, there were PLENTY of non European Legal Studies people. The two other people interviewed from my school were just straight Law people.

Onearmedbandit
Anyway, it's almost as tough as Oxbridge

Probably worse! At least at Oxbridge they interview everyone, at UCL, it appears to be a bit of a random draw. (And as people said, almost ALL the Oxbridge applicants too).
london_bum
On the day I was interviewed, there were PLENTY of non European Legal Studies people. The two other people interviewed from my school were just straight Law people.

Probably worse! At least at Oxbridge they interview everyone, at UCL, it appears to be a bit of a random draw. (And as people said, almost ALL the Oxbridge applicants too).

If you don't mind- I'm currently in panic central- could you possibly tell me the grades etc of the two people from your school interviewed for straight law. What was the general standard of other interviewees?

Thanks
tomcoolinguk
If you don't mind- I'm currently in panic central- could you possibly tell me the grades etc of the two people from your school interviewed for straight law. What was the general standard of other interviewees?

Thanks

One had 7A*s, 4As at GCSE, and AAAa prediction.

The other has 10A*s, 1B at GCSE, and AAAa prediction.

I didn't ask about other people there...wasn't the right kind of atmosphere to start grade interrogations!

Don't panic though. One of my friends without interview has 10A*s, 1A at GCSE and AAAa prediction, and another of my friends without interview has 10A*s, 1A at GCSE and a AAAAa prediction...so DON'T stress about it (a bit hypocritical, coming from me)! It's still very early days (for UCL).
london_bum
One had 7A*s, 4As at GCSE, and AAAa prediction.

The other has 10A*s, 1B at GCSE, and AAAa prediction.

I didn't ask about other people there...wasn't the right kind of atmosphere to start grade interrogations!

Don't panic though. One of my friends without interview has 10A*s, 1A at GCSE and AAAa prediction, and another of my friends without interview has 10A*s, 1A at GCSE and a AAAAa prediction...so DON'T stress about it (a bit hypocritical, coming from me)! It's still very early days (for UCL).

I know... I'm trying not to get worried, but it is very hard- UCL have left people waiting for Law until after the UCAS deadline [kind of destroying that concept]. I just so want UCL or Bristol and have very bad feelings.... I so don't want to have to reapply.
tomcoolinguk
I know... I'm trying not to get worried, but it is very hard- UCL have left people waiting for Law until after the UCAS deadline [kind of destroying that concept]. I just so want UCL or Bristol and have very bad feelings.... I so don't want to have to reapply.

What other offers do you already have?
london_bum
What other offers do you already have?

Notts, Warwick and Durham- but I'm not that overtly keen on any of them. I know- beggars can't be choosers, but I'm really not that taken by Durham at all [contrary to the consensus]. Notts is amazing- but it is only about 30mins from where I live! If I don't get Bristol or UCL I'll most likely reapply for a different course.
tomcoolinguk
Notts, Warwick and Durham- but I'm not that overtly keen on any of them. I know- beggars can't be choosers, but I'm really not that taken by Durham at all [contrary to the consensus]. Notts is amazing- but it is only about 30mins from where I live! If I don't get Bristol or UCL I'll most likely reapply for a different course.

Meh...UCL is 20 minutes from where I live, and LSE 30!

Most people would kill for Notts, Warwick and Durham! :rolleyes: But I guess, if you don't like it, you don't like it...I don't know about Durham either. I should really go visit it, but I can't be bothered.

I'm being really nosy here, but why a different course?
tomcoolinguk

The UCAS deadline is only for applications, descisions don't have to be made til February/March (I think)
Lillith Grimore
The UCAS deadline is only for applications, descisions don't have to be made til February/March (I think)

Its sometime towards the end of April and THAT is the deadline UCL have exceeded for Law
london_bum
Meh...UCL is 20 minutes from where I live, and LSE 30!

Most people would kill for Notts, Warwick and Durham! :rolleyes: But I guess, if you don't like it, you don't like it...I don't know about Durham either. I should really go visit it, but I can't be bothered.

I'm being really nosy here, but why a different course?

Lol- 'tis ok! I just feel quite disullusioned with the entire process and I don't think I'm prepared to put myself through LNAT etc again... there are other, less competitive degrees which appeal to me- and which, in all reality, I could probably do better on.

Latest

Trending

Trending