The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
BNP Tasha Djanovic
I'm going to try it, anyone know if it works? I'm fat and desperate to lose weight for formals. :/

It's stupid, dangerous, and not a very sustainable way of losing weight. You need far more calories than that diet recommends. Eat right and do exercise. That's the only way to lose weight healthily.
Reply 2
Dangerous, stupid, very very bad. starvation mode even on 800. Do not do this.
Reply 3
About as sensible as jamming a dildo up my jap eye.
Reply 4
Go here.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Then eat that amount of calories from a balanced diet and do some form of exercise every day, weight will fall off you.

That 2468 crap will either hospitalise you and fail, or just fail. [And there is no way you'd not binge on eating so few calories anyway].
The diet is absolutely absurd. Don't do it. The weight you lose will go straight back on and you'll spend all of your time feeling tired and hungry.
Reply 6
You'll lose weight and put 90% of it back on very rapidly, the ensuing depression will likely catapult you into being even heavier. Do more sport, eat less ****. Seriously.
Reply 7
I've done it and lost weight that I haven't gained back. Although, as others have said it's not a sensible thing to do and if you want to lose weight heathily then don't do it.
another negative - have fun choosing what to eat on the 200 calorie day, and not passing out, especially if you want to y'know, go out and have fun, do sports, or generally have a life...

(it is also unhealthy and crap, but I thought I'd add another perspective too:p: )
What??? If that's you on the pic then you look a lot thinner than me...
Reply 10
I have heard good things about the "2 girls 1 cup" diet.

You should try that first.
Don't do it, it's so unhealthy and you'll end up bingeing, trust me.
Reply 12
Don't do it. It's a slippery slope and if you do succeed (if it could be called success) you would soon become a very boring person. There really is more to life.
Ok ive never herad of this before, what is it? It doesnt sound too healthy from what you're all saying!
sweetdarling
Ok ive never herad of this before, what is it? It doesnt sound too healthy from what you're all saying!

ditto, please enlighten :o:
thought i was the only one :biggrin:
Reply 16
200 calories, 400 calories, 600 calories, 800 calories repeat
massive amounts of fun involved
Runaway987
Go here.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Then eat that amount of calories from a balanced diet and do some form of exercise every day, weight will fall off you.

That 2468 crap will either hospitalise you and fail, or just fail. [And there is no way you'd not binge on eating so few calories anyway].

The number that gives you, is that how many calories you should be intaking to loose weight?
Reply 18
xxstace123xx
The number that gives you, is that how many calories you should be intaking to loose weight?

Nope, that gives you your BMR, the number of calories you need just to perform basic bodily functions. Eating that amount would probably cause you to lose weight, but it would be healthier to eat a little above this level as this is the absolute bare minimum that your body can survive on.
Sephaeii
Nope, that gives you your BMR, the number of calories you need just to perform basic bodily functions. Eating that amount would probably cause you to lose weight, but it would be healthier to eat a little above this level as this is the absolute bare minimum that your body can survive on.

Ok thanks :smile: Well it was like 1530 or something.

Latest