The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any idea if Bennett will be open before 9am Monday? I have to give in coursework before that deadline (physically, not Blackboard), but I only get back to Britain sunday evening...
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 61
It should be, but if not, do you have a swipe card just in case? It might be a good idea to give Claire a call and ask about it.
Hey are there any management students here? it would be cool to get your views on the school :smile:
Reply 63
I'm on Erasmus, and having the time of me bleeding life, but I miss the grey skies of Leicester, the rugby club and 57p tins of pineapple chunks from Shays.
QwentyJ
I'm on Erasmus, and having the time of me bleeding life, but I miss the grey skies of Leicester, the rugby club and 57p tins of pineapple chunks from Shays.

hey! fellow erasmus
I miss the viking soc :frown: and mosh and the dry dock
Reply 65
museobsessed
hey! fellow erasmus
I miss the viking soc :frown: and mosh and the dry dock

I think I know who you are....phoebe?
yes I am *creeped out*
How do you know me *goes to check your profile

EDIT: I recognise you, but I don't think i've ever spoken to you before. Hi anyway
Reply 67
museobsessed
yes I am *creeped out*
How do you know me *goes to check your profile

EDIT: I recognise you, but I don't think i've ever spoken to you before. Hi anyway

Yeah, you're on my course! I have a strange habit of knowing people's names even if I haven't actually formally introduced myself. Jonny be my name.

The viking soc was a big giveaway too! :p:
really haha. I generally don't pay much attention to people
I love my viking fun :biggrin: I probably talk about it too much, oh well. Everyone there is my best friend. I miss them.
Athens sounds amazing :biggrin: hows the Greek coming on?
Reply 69
museobsessed
really haha. I generally don't pay much attention to people
I love my viking fun :biggrin: I probably talk about it too much, oh well. Everyone there is my best friend. I miss them.
Athens sounds amazing :biggrin: hows the Greek coming on?

Hah....not great. No linguist by any stretch of the means. Had some rioting though, got on the BBC, became famous for 15 minutes. Worth it? Definitely so far.
Aww good luck with it. My Italian isn't great, I really struggled last term, but hopefully it'll get easier from here. Already knowing French has helped.
Yeh, how bad was it? the media here made it seem really bad!
Yeh, I'd agree on the worth it front, despite Italy's rep for having lots of hot men sadly being proved false
Reply 71
What I heard is that Italian is just basically Spanish plus French!

It didn't phase me much until I had to move out of the house for safety. Then everyone started asking if I was okay and I'm like - 3 days late people! If you'd really cared....lol.

Haha. What about Milan, Venice and Rome? The greek girls are lovely though....
Haha ermm yeh I spose it kinda is. Its still quite hard though, as is learning any language.
Ohh scary stuff. Where did you have to go to instead?
Venice was too packed with people when I went. Maybe when I go back another time there will be less people and i'll enjoy it more. Not been to Milan or Rome yet, but they are being planned. You done much greek travelling? Is the uni system as completely disorganised as it is here?
Reply 73
Just into the suburbs of Athens. Not too far. I haven't done much traveling as I will wait for it to get a bit sunnier. And yes, they are extremely unorganised, which I find despairingly annoying.
yeh i'm finding the unorganisation irritating too. I have exams, but I have no idea when and where.
Reply 75
First exam tomorrow. Why don't I feel stressed :s-smilie:?

Good luck with your exams, all.
Reply 76
Christ, Neil told me alst year that I shouldn't be doing exams, and I've yet to get around to convincing mine that I shouldn't be and the exams are about....1 and a half weeks away!
Humm I've been told that I have to do exams. Neil was positive that I had to do essays in English, but noo I have oral exams in Italian same as everyone else
30% of my degree on this? what what?
Reply 78
I go to the uni shop like everday because my college is next door to the uni. I expect someone to say hello if they ever see me haha :cool:
Reply 79
Had my first university science exam today, ever.

I finally understand why a 70% constitutes as a first. How anyone could have remembered all that material would have been crazy :p:

Anyway. I can't believe it's been raining a lot, again :shifty: When does it get sunny in England?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending