The Student Room Group
Reply 1
as you are female i would wear smart trousers, a smart shirt/top and a nice jacket

know why you want ot do it - not just because you want to do medicine, know what you will get out of it and what you will be able to give to the post
Reply 2
They will probably want to know why you want to do it. It shouldn't be too difficult because from experience they just want to make sure that you are suitable. I wouldn't just say that you want to do it to get into medical school.

Clothes wise I would just go for smart blouse and trousers.
I've had one before. They just want a chat with you to see what you're like, what you enjoy doing etc... so they can match you up with the best voluntary placement to suit your interests. They also want to know why you're doing it etc... Just be honest, and mention that medical school is one of the reasons.
Reply 4
Toiletpaper8
I've had one before. They just want a chat with you to see what you're like, what you enjoy doing etc... so they can match you up with the best voluntary placement to suit your interests. They also want to know why you're doing it etc... Just be honest, and mention that medical school is one of the reasons.

This.

Wear whatever you feel most comfortable wearing.
Reply 5
i really dont think u have to worry too much about dressing too smartly for it.. and as long as u sound like u want to do it, have a good reason, and dont come across oddly, you should be able to volunteer there.. afterall im sure all hospitals like having volunteers.
sweetcheeks01
Well I've got one on Tuesday and just want to know what kind of stuff am I gonna get asked? And should I dress smart smart (as in a suit..) or casual smart (smart trousers and smart top)? Thanks :smile:

When I went to one I wore nice jeans and a top - not too smart, but nothing too ermm scruffy either lolz. And I duno if I will be the same at yours, but at mine she just went through patient confidentiality, equality and what to do in fires. She asked me what I wanted to get out of it, what I was doing at college - as I related to what I was volunteering for. And she asked what qualifications I had. I don't think it will be too formal, it's just going to be a casual chat really.

Latest

Trending

Trending