The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Heya!
I've got an offer too - so so so so so happy! (Hopefully) am going to be there in October reading Nat Sci - Physical. The college is absolutely amazing - the most beautiful, freindly place in the world - i fell in love with it as soon as I walked through the porters lodge. As u can probs tell - im pretty excited bout the whole thing,

Katie xxx
And so really, there are quite a few of us.
yepyep :biggrin:
priya
i just went to look around trinity hall....all the first years seem to live in these gorgeous rooms above the library, overlooking the river and the grass by it....we sat there for ages throwing bread at ducks today. so jealous! the place is stunning!

Hehe, yeah, it sounds great but my friend last year said it was horibly draughty :biggrin:

Tit Hall is lovely though. I very nearly applied there...
Reply 24
darkenergy
lol :biggrin:
which college r u at + subject?

i'm at sidney, doing MML. i love my college, really i do. just a teensy bit jealous of yours.

i love sidney i love sidney i love sidney.......
a friend of mine has an offer for history, starting 2005 :smile:
ooooh i feel enveloped in warmth :tongue:
Reply 27
I wish everyone would say it's awful so I wont build my hopes up.
Reply 28
JasonPaver
I wish everyone would say it's awful so I wont build my hopes up.

A few awful things:

1) The shower on my staircase takes 15 minutes to warm up in the morning.
2) The regular hall food isn't great.
3) The JCR has a tendency to smell of vomit after a Friday or Saturday night.

That's pretty much all I can think of :biggrin: . Just remember you've done the tricky bit in getting an offer. Work hard and you'll get the grades (unless you're a prospective mathmo and have to endure the evils of STEP.)
I think I have a problem here:

my offer letter states the following:

"The terms of the offer are conditional on you obtaining AAA including Biology and Chemistry at A2 level in the summer".

Does it mean As at A2, so doesn't matter about AS, or As overall at A-Level?

I am confused :frown:
darkenergy
I think I have a problem here:

my offer letter states the following:

"The terms of the offer are conditional on you obtaining AAA including Biology and Chemistry at A2 level in the summer".

Does it mean As at A2, so doesn't matter about AS, or As overall at A-Level?

I am confused :frown:

well, my understanding is that A2 is out of 600 UMS marks and therefore comprises A Level...
Ok, if this was the case then phew! Great!

However I thought AS + A2 make up A-level, A2 being the second part of A-Level.

What does your offer letter say? Does it mention "at A2" or " at A-level"?
mine says A2 aswell, but i also figured that there is no way they'd accept people on the basis of 3 modules alone, else they may as well start letting people in with AS levels.
this is very true. Or it may be that they want us to acheive As for A2 as well as AS. I am not sure.

I thought it was them being harsh :frown:

Thanks for clarifying this.

I have emailed the admissions officer though so she should be able to explain the situation to me.

I will post what she says when I receive a reply.
darkenergy
this is very true. Or it may be that they want us to acheive As for A2 as well as AS. I am not sure.

I thought it was them being harsh :frown:

Thanks for clarifying this.

I have emailed the admissions officer though so she should be able to explain the situation to me.

I will post what she says when I receive a reply.

that would be very...yay-ish!!! :biggrin:
It means A level :smile:
that's quite reassuring. although i was fairly certain that's what it meant, it has caused some discussion amongst some friends, and made me slightly doubtful of getting the grades :smile:
MadNatSci
It means A level :smile:

is that what your offer meant?
xx_ambellina_xx
that's quite reassuring. although i was fairly certain that's what it meant, it has caused some discussion amongst some friends, and made me slightly doubtful of getting the grades :smile:

I am scared..... :confused: :frown: :frown: :frown:
darkenergy
I am scared..... :confused: :frown: :frown: :frown:

me too...but slightly less scared now that i don't have to rely so hugely on my dire performance in PH4 a week ago!!

Latest

Trending

Trending