The Student Room Group

i can't answer this question!!

this seems to be one of the most typical question but i can't answer!

like, 'what do you think is the ten most significant discoveries in medicine? (for past 10yrs or 50yrs and maybe 100yrs?) '

the only thing sprang up in my mind were like DNA, penicillin, heart circulation, etc.. but it seems that they are too old discoveries.. :eek:

can you help me with this question? i'm dead sure some ppl can just write an essay on this.. thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 1
A recent exciting one is gene therapy and the applications of the human genome project - hopefully many good things will come of it.
test tube babies? I'm sure there are many radical cancer cures around. Keyhole surgery?
Reply 3
Human genome project?
Keyhole surgery?
Antibiotics?

There's so many...
Reply 4
hihogyu
this seems to be one of the most typical question but i can't answer!

like, 'what do you think is the ten most significant discoveries in medicine? (for past 10yrs or 50yrs and maybe 100yrs?) '

the only thing sprang up in my mind were like DNA, penicillin, heart circulation, etc.. but it seems that they are too old discoveries.. :eek:

can you help me with this question? i'm dead sure some ppl can just write an essay on this.. thanks! :biggrin:

I got this book where it describes a dozen or so defining moments/discoveries of medicine since the discovery of penicillin, there are stuff like the discovery of steriods, open heart surgery, kidney transplants (leading the way for transplantation of other organs)... etc... I think its great for interviews, lays out the info in detail and gives u somthin different to talk about compared to the other applicants, cos many of them'll jus say antibiotics, gene therapies...
Reply 5
gt@vetschool
test tube babies? I'm sure there are many radical cancer cures around. Keyhole surgery?

aah the irony of "radical" "cancer" cures....

I don't think there are any out there. If you DO find one, please tell me:smile:.
Reply 6
How do you answer:

"Why should we pick you over the other candidates"

without saying something that they've already heard a billion times before?!
Reply 7
my mother was a victim of Harold Shipman and I am looking for revenge
Reply 8
alkaeda
my mother was a victim of Harold Shipman and I am looking for revenge

HAHAHAHA:biggrin:

Latest