The Student Room Group

URGENT - I need a statistical test for cswk!

I'm doing my A2 Geography coursework which is an investigation of microclimate and to fulfil the specification, I need to statistically analyse my results and my teacher first suggested I used chi squared. HOWEVER my primary data are temperature, wind speed, humidity, wind direction, cloud cover, cloud type, sunshine and wind strength. I've tried numerous times to use the chi squared with each of the data - for example I tried to use it to find out if the correlation between temperature and the presence of buildings is merely chance but it doesn't work. I think it's because chi squared doesn't work with continous data so can someone PLEASE suggest a statistical test that I CAN use?? I don't think spearman's rank would work (but maybe I'm wrong?) so if anyone can suggest anything else I would be really grateful !
I need to hand this in tommorow so answers perferably before then would be great!
:smile:
Reply 1
use chi squared.

just round the figures to groups e.g. if you have temp ranges from 20 to 40 degrees to 20-24 etc. then put the figures into the group then chi will work

Latest

Trending

Trending