The Student Room Group

Still cant decide where to apply. *PSYCHOLOGY*

I have posted before about university decisions but I'm still not sure. Think it is starting to get a bit late!!

So predicted ABB, in psychology, english literature and biology.

I have already put York, Leeds and Newcastle. All wanting roughly ABB.

I am thinking to put Nottingham Trent as my fail safe, they ask for BBC. This is the next level of grades required that I can find after ABB. (Its quite a jump.)

I would prefer to stay more up north, but dont mind too much. Also dont knwo how bad of an idea it is to apply to universities that I havent visited!! (I sound really disorganized!!)

Any suggestions? Or anyone in a similar situation?
Reply 1
Manchester is a very good University, But to be honest I know its not north, but Thames Valley or UCL are very good.
Reply 2
How about Edinburgh or Glasgow? They are both 5* departments and really nice places to study. Glasgow will definitely accept you with your predictions, though Edinburgh may be a little trickier.
WhiteTeeth
How about Edinburgh or Glasgow? They are both 5* departments and really nice places to study. Glasgow will definitely accept you with your predictions, though Edinburgh may be a little trickier.

Erm.. I have looked at Glasgow and I dont know if I want to go to Scotland. (I lived in Edinburgh for four years and would like to go somewhere new.)

That is what is stoppin me from applying to Bangor, its all the way in Wales!! Too far away.
I would be careful applying to York with only ABB.
With your predicted grades you could consider Loughborough, good department too.
Seeing as you're offering both psychology and biology you should (don't count on it) get lower offers than the standard of AAB, just make sure you write a cracking personal statement. :smile:
Also look at Leeds and Liverpool.
Reply 6
GodspeedGehenna

I second this. They very rarely give offers to people without AAB at the very least. Royal Holloway are asking for ABB/BBB methinks, and they're pretty high up in the tables. And it's FIT.
Reply 7
aston ABB, birmingham AAB
Pisswinkles
I second this. They very rarely give offers to people without AAB at the very least. Royal Holloway are asking for ABB/BBB methinks, and they're pretty high up in the tables. And it's FIT.

I'm transferring there next year. Oh and Holloway asks for AAB/ABB.

:excited:
hull was my fail safe, they only need BBB-BBc and they are 15th on times.
Do not apply to essex, cos this is where i am now and i hate it
Warrick only need AABb-BBBb
southampton is nice too, they need ABB
Surrey ABB
Birminham BBB i think
most important is go on course search on UCAS and see how many ppl are happy with their course, also CHECK IF ITS BPS ACCREDITED
if not then its a waste of 3 years.
GodspeedGehenna

I know, its my long shot offer.

And I slightly resent your only before ABB!! Lol.
i_am_TERRIfic
I know, its my long shot offer.

And I slightly resent your only before ABB!! Lol.

Fair enough, you should have atleast one high hopes :smile:

Oh and sorry for the "only", I didn't mean it like that :biggrin: Came out a little wrong.
My sister applied to do psychology with ABB predictions.
She applied to:
- Sussex
- Oxford Brookes
- Bath Spa
- Canterbury Christchurch
and somewhere else.
hope this helps at all.......
What about Sheffield? Unsure of their requirements, or Durham maybe... Hull too
KJ21
Manchester is a very good University, But to be honest I know its not north, but Thames Valley or UCL are very good.

You're having a laugh, right?
silverwolfalpha

Surrey ABB

I have been dithering over Surrey, its tenth on the times university thing and like you said ABB
However, I am just wondering if it is expensive to live there as it is close to London etc. Especially in terms of rent in the 2nd year.
(and I am from up north and its way down south.)
Any views?

Latest