The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nor would mine as I'm never in when she comes around.
Reply 41
I haven't seen my bedder this term.

She's been in, but as long as a I feed my bin then there's no problem.

A.
Reply 42
i dont think mine likes us any more....she failed to empty my bin and she didnt restock the loo roll on friday.....made our block of rooms very unhappy!
Reply 43
our bedders got a talking to by the housekeeper yesterday, i feel kinda bad! she doesn't do anything though, we eventually snapped and had to complain- the place is always covered in dust, never cleaned properly.
Reply 44
I instigated the talking-to, but Alastair's email was crucial evidence. I love it.
RxB
if you're disappointed by funk and 80s hip-hop you might be disappointed.

That's exactly the sort of stuff I like! :biggrin:

Though don't call it 80s... 'Old School', please. :rolleyes:
You've got the tail end of True School around 82,
then Mid School 84-86, and Golden Age 87-90.
Can you tell this is my thing yet? Lol.

Of the other styles of music I'm into, I'll do some exploring.
There's a venue in Soton called the "Soul Cellar" for soul music,
and for my ragga Dancehall I'd really have to go to clubs in London.
I'm interested in finding anywhere for Breakbeat, too.

...But whatever way you look at it,
I'll be having more Nightlife in Brighton than I would if I went to Cambridge! :aetsch:
crazydaveuk
That's exactly the sort of stuff I like! :biggrin:

Though don't call it 80s... 'Old School', please. :rolleyes:
You've got the tail end of True School around 82,
then Mid School 84-86, and Golden Age 87-90.
Can you tell this is my thing yet? Lol.

Of the other styles of music I'm into, I'll do some exploring.
There's a venue in Soton called the "Soul Cellar" for soul music,
and for my ragga Dancehall I'd really have to go to clubs in London.
I'm interested in finding anywhere for Breakbeat, too.

...But whatever way you look at it,
I'll be having more Nightlife in Brighton than I would if I went to Cambridge! :aetsch:

pah... brighton :rolleyes:

least uve got a pier :biggrin:
i live in cambridge - if u wanna ask questions about the city. personally i dont think the night lifes that exciting. theres clubs like ballare, the fez, the junction etc but i hear theres better ones bit further out. aftr going to birmingham and hearing about the clubs in nottingham from my friend who also lives here - cambridge is nothing. good luck anyway
Reply 48
is anybody else concerned that they're not really enjoying a full university experience with the rubbish clubs in cambridge? i know london is quite accessible, but sometimes i wish i could be spending a few years just experimenting in a huge city.
fishpaste
is anybody else concerned that they're not really enjoying a full university experience with the rubbish clubs in cambridge? i know london is quite accessible, but sometimes i wish i could be spending a few years just experimenting in a huge city.

They'll be more nightlife in cambridge next term - the UL is open until 22:00 on weekdays :P

MB
Reply 50
London is fine but can't wait to get somewhere smaller...
fishpaste

the pubs in cam are fine. If you really want to have a "massive night out" then I gues you could get a train to somewhere else eg london. But, I figure, what the hell, if theres frequent bops then I'd rather mix with my own crew for a while instead of going to some club full of randoms who want to pull and get laid. And lets face it, at least 50% of people in any given over 18 club are there for that.
Seems to be enough in Cam for me - and noone said you have to stop going to clubs after you grad :smile:

edit: someone's cynekal today
Reply 52
At the halfway bops/slacks "livin on a prayer" will always be the last song
Lozza

I'm aware the music is slightly lacking at bops :wink:
Reply 54
Lozza

They like to finish with the 'build me up buttercup' one quite a lot here, once they finished with Queen though, that was a really sweaty mass love fest bop, crazy.

And there's nowt wrong with a bit of bon jovi, it's better than some of the rest of the ****...

A.
Reply 55
TakemetoAvalon
the pubs in cam are fine. If you really want to have a "massive night out" then I gues you could get a train to somewhere else eg london. But, I figure, what the hell, if theres frequent bops then I'd rather mix with my own crew for a while instead of going to some club full of randoms who want to pull and get laid. And lets face it, at least 50% of people in any given over 18 club are there for that.
Seems to be enough in Cam for me - and noone said you have to stop going to clubs after you grad :smile:

edit: someone's cynekal today

I just don't think anything in Cambridge could be described as a proper club, perhaps the junction is alright. But like it'd be just completely different going to another uni, where they goto proper clubs 2-3 times a week, and a night out ends at 6am not 2pm or even bloody midnight if you're silly enough to goto po na na. Here, at best it's LIFE on a tuesday, then say cindies another night, or the junction on a weekend. Getting on a train and going off to London to do it just doesn't really cut it.

When I graduate I'll be 21/22, trendy and up myself, and what I really feel I'm missing right now is that 18 year old let loose in a big city experience.

Latest

Trending

Trending