The Student Room Group
Can you give an example of the kind of thing you might write and the kind of answer they'd expect to a question?

If you don't know the words, then the simple solution is to learn them... which isn't really very nice advice :o: Write stuff up in sentences, you know, 'A [whatever] is a [such and such] if it's a [doodah] and a [thingummy]'.

If you're struggling to explain physical situations using words, then, although you can use equations to check what you're saying, try to focus on what's happening. For example, if you were dropping a feather and a pea of the same mass, and asked to explain why the pea landed first, then you'd want to talk about surface area and air resistance and stuff like that, but not just slap down a few equations and go, 'these explain'. I learnt that equations don't help so much when they want words :smile:

If we're talking A-levels, I have no idea about the intricacies of their marking schemes, because I did Highers. However, I expect what I just said is still valid.

Latest