The Student Room Group

Is Nike considered Chavy?

I was wondering do people consider Nike to be chavy? I am not talking about the track suit pants because they're quitr chavy but I mean like your normal Nike t-shirt something like this:
http://www.jdsports.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10551_12206_147581_-1_men

Or:
http://www.jdsports.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10551_12206_156670_-1_men

Scroll to see replies

Stuff like that - not so much.
But, Nike is just generally associated with Chavs.
Reply 2
You're asking because you want to know if it 'ok' for you to wear it. Pretty sad really, if you like the clothes just wear it.

Personally I don't like any of those 2 stuff you've just posted.
Reply 3
its certain types of garments that are chavy IMO rather than whole brands (im quite sporty so this might be part of it :smile:) the first one was fine, i dont think chavs would realy wear something like that, or the one below either
Reply 4
Just do it
Reply 5
anything from JD sports is, and nike especially.
although the shirt dont look too chavvy
Reply 6
ChosenOne
You're asking because you want to know if it 'ok' for you to wear it. Pretty sad really, if you like the clothes just wear it.

Personally I don't like any of those 2 stuff you've just posted.

Mate I wear Nike and am not going to run right now and through away anything that is nike in the bin because of people in a forum. I was talking about this with a mate today and we had a discussion about it and I was wondering what other people thought.
not so much chavvy, more nasty looking, would you buy the same sort of top and body warmer if they were from primark?
Reply 8
i would be inclined to disagree that ANYTHING from JD is chavy, and out of interest, way are black people very rarely classed as chavs (from what ive seen personally)
Reply 9
Oladz
i would be inclined to disagree that ANYTHING from JD is chavy, and out of interest, way are black people very rarely classed as chavs (from what ive seen personally)

but generally im right.
Reply 10
Oladz

cuz they is gangstas innit :yep:
ew Nike reeks of chav.
Reply 12
Oladz

Yeah same, I am quite sporty so I do get some stuff from JD sports but overall it's pretty chavy with some exceptions. Black people are usually classed as chavs if they're actually chavs where I'm from.
Reply 13
whats a chavy? :cool:

Srsly though, who cares? As long as you're not acting like you have an ASBO, I don't see the problem.
Reply 14
Mr Roboto
whats a chavy? :cool:

Srsly though, who cares? As long as you're not acting like you have an ASBO, I don't see the problem.

Just a discussion
That gilet is just pure fail.

Don't go anywhere near it.
Depends what Nike products you are wearing and how you are wearing them. I'm sure you're in no trouble with looking chavvy in Nike.
Why would you pay £50 for a gilet? :eek: My mum forced me to wear one for some trip once when I was little, I think they're horrible. Nothing wrong with that top though. I think some things Nike do are chavy but my boyfriend wears nike trainers and they're really nice, I think it depends what you wear them with tbh :smile:
Dressing head to toe in nike is going to make you look like a bit of a prick tbh, wearing nike when you are actually doing sport ect is generally ok.

I think the womens nike stuff is worse, why do they think we all want neon pink clothes?
Reply 19
go to tk maxx and look through the casual wear section, the nike stuff there is amusing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest