The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaykaur1
Thanks Daindian :smile: If you have any other advice - please let me know - thanksagain

Just make sure you are confident with gcse maths and the time limit
Original post by daindian
Just make sure you are confident with gcse maths and the time limit

Most of it seemed easier than I remember GCSE maths being, though I'm kinda annoyed at how slow I was. Looked up at the timer whilst on question 18 and had 4 seconds to go.

My brain can't have slowed down this much the past few years. 6_6
Original post by concubine
Most of it seemed easier than I remember GCSE maths being, though I'm kinda annoyed at how slow I was. Looked up at the timer whilst on question 18 and had 4 seconds to go.

My brain can't have slowed down this much the past few years. 6_6

I'm a previous applicant now on the scheme for HR, the numerical test certainly seemed very hard in comparison to the practice ones. Something we thought after getting through was that maybe the emphasis for HR was not on the numerical reasoning but rather one of the other tests- think one was situational reasoning? I say this because I literally guessed the last few due to the timer going- so don't be disheartened if you didn't finish one of the tests!

Anyway, just a message to say good luck to any applicants waiting to hear about the next round, if there's any questions I can help with I'm more than happy to try!

Sam
Original post by mcfcfraser
I'm a previous applicant now on the scheme for HR, the numerical test certainly seemed very hard in comparison to the practice ones. Something we thought after getting through was that maybe the emphasis for HR was not on the numerical reasoning but rather one of the other tests- think one was situational reasoning? I say this because I literally guessed the last few due to the timer going- so don't be disheartened if you didn't finish one of the tests!

Anyway, just a message to say good luck to any applicants waiting to hear about the next round, if there's any questions I can help with I'm more than happy to try!

Sam

I applied for GM.
When do responses for interview/rejection come through?
Reply 4164
Original post by misssparkles
How did it go guys? Ive just had an email telling me this thread is updated it was going when I applied for the scheme in 2009. I finish the scheme next week!

Any tips for the interview stage? Mine is at the end of this month and I'm freaking out!!!
Got my interview on Monday, petrified is a word I'd use right now! This is my first interview since I started working in Sainburys 4 years ago, so a little bit different! Not many people from here seem to be applying this year, at least theres no buzz on here!

Good luck RachN1!
Reply 4166
Original post by unclerachel
Got my interview on Monday, petrified is a word I'd use right now! This is my first interview since I started working in Sainburys 4 years ago, so a little bit different! Not many people from here seem to be applying this year, at least theres no buzz on here!

Good luck RachN1!

Theres a different thread to this that current applicants are using. if you cant find it ill send it to you in pm if youd like. how did your interview go?
Reply 4167
So what does the AC cover.... Do you need to do numerical and verbal tests again or not.... the rest will be ok as I am already working for the NHS... in the IT Dept
i may be a little lacking in knowledge than i ever were before but the numerical testing is very challenging for a given time limit of 20 minutes! answering 20 questions in 20 minutes is a challenge even for sonic! IS IT JUST ME THAT CANT DO IT?!

by the way i failed yes...

plus side is the verbal reasoning test is quite basic
Original post by educatedrebel
i may be a little lacking in knowledge than i ever were before but the numerical testing is very challenging for a given time limit of 20 minutes! answering 20 questions in 20 minutes is a challenge even for sonic! IS IT JUST ME THAT CANT DO IT?!

by the way i failed yes...

plus side is the verbal reasoning test is quite basic

How do you know you failed? Did they notify you immediately or something?
When I did the numerical test I only answered about 14/20 questions and I got onto the scheme. Evidently it doesn't matter if you answer them all, I think it just enables them to score people better because so few would get 100%.
I have been on Hold for 10 days now as my application is under review, is this normal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending