The Student Room Group
you can resit exams as much as you like, but expect to pay the bill
Reply 2
LondonBoy
For paper 3 of Edexcel Chem A/s level you have to do a few experiemnts aswell as the paper at the end of the year.

One of the experiments on finding out what 3 salts were- i messed up - i didnt get the salts and most of the 'inferences i wrote' for the 15 marks were totally wrong.
Am i legally allowed to repeat it? I.e can i force my school to let me do it again.

Also roughly what percentage of the paper would it be worth?

thanks!!

Are these experiments done throughout the year at your school, internally asseseed and the maks sent off to Edexcel in the summer?
Reply 3
visesh
Are these experiments done throughout the year at your school, internally asseseed and the maks sent off to Edexcel in the summer?

yes....
Reply 4
LondonBoy
yes....

I am sure your school does more experiments than needed, so you will have a chance to make up for it. I am guessing you did a 'C/D' type practical (where you do different tests and observe[C] what you see and draw inferences[D]) IIRC you need 1xC and 1xD marks in your final assesment but you WILL have more opportunities to make up for the makrs you drop now.
yeah u can retake it but u have to retake unit 3a n 3b (so thats the practical bit of theory aswel!) im doin mine in the summer.

Latest

Trending

Trending