The Student Room Group

Film Portfolio

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by jhar
basically, with my work, i wrote stuff. For example, for my short script, i wrote about my influences for that script. (such as gaspar noe and alfred hitchcock). For my photography, i wrote about my composition and colour choices.

That sort of stuff; just wrote what came naturally.

gaspar noe <3
Reply 141
Original post by Jedders

Im applying for
AUCB - film production
LCC - film and television
UCA - film production
Portsmouth - television and film production
Kingston - Film making design and production

Quite similar to you skenn7 :P but I was too scared to apply Westminister. Did UCA get you to fill in a questionnaire yet? I sent it to them just before christmas

just seen this :P quote me next time or i won't know youve replied!
and UCA & westminister sent me a questionnair, ive just sent them off. i found them quite enjoyable :biggrin:
Reply 142
Original post by pkziom
I also have similar choices as you guys. I'm a bit worried though since still I haven't gotten any offers....
Anyway my question is: what do you think is better, a showreel or a 10- minute short movie ? Cause I am planning to do the latter(I didn't have time for anything more) plus a feature script treatment plus 2 short movies promoting a Model United Nations conference plus an analytical eesay on "the graduate" in reference to the counterculture movement.
Do you think it's sufficient? Or without showreel I don't stand a chance to for example Westminster Uni?
And another question: if I have very good grades, will they help ?

Hi Pkzom,

I personally think a showreel would be better as most interviewers will not want to watch 10 minutes worth of footage, they want something short and sweet!

Quick Reply

Latest