The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
cerebrum_core
Thanks for your reply :smile:
I dont know defenately if i am to go for Biological or physical since i enjoy all my as levels, but i think i'll go for physical. However Biology keeps getting more interesting.
Yes my nickname is from the known brain part :wink: and again yes neuroscience sounds extremely interesting. i have searched some about it in the internet and my mother is a nurse in the neurosurgery ward of the hospital she works in!
by the way i am doing 4 a levels ( biology, chemistry, physics and Further mathematics as well as the Mechanics AS) . hope that will make me a potential cam student :p:

Out of interest why are you doing Further Maths and not Maths? - or both? :confused: But either way yeh you're doing all the right subjects for NatSci at Cambridge I reckon!

You can switch sides anyway I'm pretty sure from Physical to Biological or vice versa, so it really doesn't matter tooo much which one you choose now. It's not set. And yeh I know the brain is great! - although I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy the physiology side of neuroscience :frown: I'll be starting the degree this Sep if I get the grades! - my sister is studying Neuroscience and Psychology and she says the core of it is physiology... which I don't actually like! - I'm more into the brain itself and how it affects psychology and the pathology of the brain, how it effects intelligence and human behaviour - and blah blah blah :biggrin:

So what options you thinking of taking for your first and second year then, if you get into Cambridge? - cus that was the first thing that really attracted me into applying :p: (unfortunately rejected but hey!)
Reply 21
Either way, at Trinity your interview and interview exam is on the top 2 subjects you list on their requisite form.

I don't know when we get to actually pick our subjects for first year lol, I am still waiting :smile:
Reply 22
I think she means (maybe) that she is doing P1 to P6, giving her further maths alevel, and m1 to m3. You are absolutely fine, their math Qs did not go beyond p4 I would say, but you should be ready to think up novel solutions to tough problems :idea:
irisng
Out of interest why are you doing Further Maths and not Maths? - or both? :confused: But either way yeh you're doing all the right subjects for NatSci at Cambridge I reckon!

You can switch sides anyway I'm pretty sure from Physical to Biological or vice versa, so it really doesn't matter tooo much which one you choose now. It's not set. And yeh I know the brain is great! - although I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy the physiology side of neuroscience :frown: I'll be starting the degree this Sep if I get the grades! - my sister is studying Neuroscience and Psychology and she says the core of it is physiology... which I don't actually like! - I'm more into the brain itself and how it affects psychology and the pathology of the brain, how it effects intelligence and human behaviour - and blah blah blah :biggrin:

So what options you thinking of taking for your first and second year then, if you get into Cambridge? - cus that was the first thing that really attracted me into applying :p: (unfortunately rejected but hey!)

Hey, i am confused myself about maths. our teacher emailed London University and they didn't know if a combination of c1,c2,c3,m1,m2,m3 could stand as an a level . So i chose the safest way; i will do C1-C4 & FP1, FP2 to get Further Mathematics A Level and i am doing M1,M2,M3 which i will do in June in order to get Mechanics AS Level. ( so this summer i have to do all my as including c1,c2,c3).

I hope you get the grades for your course. You sound very interested in it and it would be a shame not to get involved.
If i get in Cam ( fingers crossed) i will chose Physics, Chemistry and Biology Of Cells which i guess are the most basic and then i ll see what i will proceed with. :wink:

First of all though i hope i get an offer or even a matriculate one haha! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 24
alot of theologians hadsecond interviews with jesus... including me.

They haven't got back to me and i have heard nothing from the pool... all but given up hope.
Reply 25
cerebrum_core
Hey, i am confused myself about maths. our teacher emailed London University and they didn't know if a combination of c1,c2,c3,m1,m2,m3 could stand as an a level . So i chose the safest way; i will do C1-C4 & FP1, FP2 to get Further Mathematics A Level and i am doing M1,M2,M3 which i will do in June in order to get Mechanics AS Level. ( so this summer i have to do all my as including c1,c2,c3).

I hope you get the grades for your course. You sound very interested in it and it would be a shame not to get involved.
If i get in Cam ( fingers crossed) i will chose Physics, Chemistry and Biology Of Cells which i guess are the most basic and then i ll see what i will proceed with. :wink:

First of all though i hope i get an offer or even a matriculate one haha! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lol those Maths modules sound confusing! - but then again I don't do Maths myself. Yeh some unis don't accept Further Maths as an A-Level - but my friend said that's unfair - of course she studies both F. Maths and Maths lol!

Yeh sounds like your options will be rather well-rounded, which keeps your options opened! - I would've chosen the same as you, if I had got in! - all apart from Physics cus I don't do it at A-Level lol. The third would've been Physiology, which I loath... :rolleyes: so probably best I never got in lol!

Ahhhhh yeh I do love Psychology and the psychological side and pathological side of the brain. I'm just a little unsure about the Chemistry side of things - and the fact that it's straight science! - 4 whole years of nothing but science - I'm seriously thinking I'm really not a born scientist!!!!! And can't see myself studying it for 4 years and not go insane... :rolleyes: I'd still love to study it - for sure - I just aren't so sure about it cus it's JUST science :redface:

And lol yeh I hope I get my grades too! - if I get AAA then I don't have to pay for my mobile bill (that's my parents side of course :p: ) so I want AAA :biggrin:

I hope you get an offer :biggrin: Don't set your heart on it though, honestly - cus I did and got rejected :frown: not good! - but I hope you get in :smile: Got any ideas about which college yet? - I applied for Emma! - Apply for Emma! :biggrin: (or Jesus :p: )
Reply 26
French Pikachu
Heya,
all i can say is that the admission tutor at Downing officially told me that this year Trinity got the highest number of applicants and then the second highest was Downing which is very surprising coz it's only a medium size college! as a result the competition there was really taugh and the admission tutor told me that for example for land economy there were 9.5 apllicants per place becoz they had 19 applicants and take 2 students yearly. 32 applicants for Geography and they made 6 offers. for engineering 99 applicants for 12 places. history around 50 for 6 places. 35 applicants and 6 offers for SPS. 20 people and 6 Classics students. i cant seem to find the number for law but it's pretty high coz Downing is reputed for law. well hope all these statistics will help
ciao

Yep, Dowing was HEAVILY over-subscribed this year. Not really sure why though - I found out the other day that it's bottom of the table for arts subjects...
Reply 27
You can just email the college in question and ask them. That's what I did.
Reply 28
Dreyfus
Yep, Dowing was HEAVILY over-subscribed this year. Not really sure why though - I found out the other day that it's bottom of the table for arts subjects...

not sure why??? :eek:
beautiful college, great location, accommodation pretty much all on site.....
I dont know about arts specifically, but Cambridge has been 8th, 10th, 8th, 12th, 17th in the last 5 years of Tomkins Tables which are based on no of 1sts, 2:1s, 2:2s, 3rds. (this is out of 29)
--->http://www.fantasyfacup.com/matthew/fun/tompkins/

law, an arts subject, is a particular strength, they have brilliant fellows inc the Rouse Ball professor for criminal law, the best stocked college law library and the biggest law intake.

Don't try to insult Dwoning in my hearing! :p:

Emily x
Reply 29
emily87
not sure why??? :eek:
beautiful college, great location, accommodation pretty much all on site.....
I dont know about arts specifically, but Cambridge has been 8th, 10th, 8th, 12th, 17th in the last 5 years of Tomkins Tables which are based on no of 1sts, 2:1s, 2:2s, 3rds. (this is out of 29)
--->http://www.fantasyfacup.com/matthew/fun/tompkins/

law, an arts subject, is a particular strength, they have brilliant fellows inc the Rouse Ball professor for criminal law, the best stocked college law library and the biggest law intake.

Don't try to insult Dwoning in my hearing! :p:

Emily x

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Already fighting the college line.

A.
Reply 30
Alaric

A.

Eh?! Still suffering the effects of the wine, Alaric?
Reply 31
Ticki
Eh?! Still suffering the effects of the wine, Alaric?

Aye, I have a hangover now, all prospective students are far too radically pro their own college when they haven't even studied there. It's a sick form of brainwashing, I'm telling you.

A.
Reply 32
PS: I think I only got to a reasonable stage of drunkality, any more and I stop my incessant rambling and go quiet again, although not as quiet as Shuai obviously.

A.
Reply 33
As quiet as me? Gosh I'm so shy and retiring. Priya too. Must be something about our flat.
Reply 34
Ticki
As quiet as me? Gosh I'm so shy and retiring. Priya too. Must be something about our flat.

I did say Shuai, not you, you and Priya talked loads, it was cool, it makes for less effort for me, if everyone talked as little as Shaui I would have been monologing (sp?) for 6 hours or whatever it was.

A.
Reply 35
I know, I only had half a glass remember, so I can still read. I was just asking whether you become as quiet as me when you're drunk. It was meant to be ironic. It clearly failed...
Reply 36
Ticki
I know, I only had half a glass remember, so I can still read. I was just asking whether you become as quiet as me when you're drunk. It was meant to be ironic. It clearly failed...

I have absolutely no idea how much relatively I was talking though, I've been accused of rambling by my mate's gf before and I think I might have been today, but if nobody else talks I always fill gaps anyway, so I dunno.

I don't think I could keep up with you and Priya though, you're pros.

A.
Alaric

A.

So true, Alaric!!! :smile:
Reply 38
Alaric
I have absolutely no idea how much relatively I was talking though, I've been accused of rambling by my mate's gf before and I think I might have been today, but if nobody else talks I always fill gaps anyway, so I dunno.

I don't think I could keep up with you and Priya though, you're pros.

A.

i used to be the big talker at school *gives vicki evil glare of doom* :biggrin:

we didn't talk THAT much.......hmm ok we did. i'll bring gaffer tape to the next formal for us both, so u guys can get words in edgeways
Reply 39
priya
i used to be the big talker at school *gives vicki evil glare of doom* :biggrin:

Are you suggesting that I talk more than you?!

Well, I had to make up for the fact that everyone else is on about 3,000 posts while I'm languishing on 300.

Have just woken up. Think I'm ill and may have to give Cindies a miss tonight. Then again, I may just take a packet of pro-plus and dance to the palpitations.

Latest

Trending

Trending