The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
No problem, man.
Good luck with your SATs!
Reply 41
bj_945
Is it that 2150 is too low, or is it that the Maths is too low, so it's poor score distribution?

Like if my score were 2150 again, but:

Reading-720
Writing-720
Maths-710

Would that be ok?

Realistically though, I had no idea how those essays are written, so I'm sure I can get my writing up by 20 points.

But Maths I'd be surprised if I can ever do better than 700.

So that'd be:

Reading-800
Writing-770
Maths-700

If I could get that, would that be alright?

Peace out x

2150 is an ok score, but that 600 in math will definitely hurt you
i would take it again if you could, just to see
maybe take some practice tests or something

but if you could get that 2270 that would DEFINITELY be alright lol

the thing is that you have to be perfect to get into the best unis over here because EVERYONE who applies is perfect. i have a 2190 SAT and didn't bother applying to stanford...but everyone in my ap physics class did.

oh boy december 15th is going to be a sad, sad day in physics when everyone gets their rejection letters. i'm not even being pessimistic. it would be seriously optimistic to say 1 will get accepted. and the people in my class are smart. my one friend got a 2370 on her SAT's and asked me if she should take them again. i almost slapped her in the face.
Reply 42
Other than your SATs, how's your Extra-Curriculars?
Reply 43
Valour
Other than your SATs, how's your Extra-Curriculars?

oh I was in the Transitional Youth 420 Sailing Squad for the 06-07 year, and the National Youth 420 Sailing Squad for the 07-08 year.

We were like 12th best in the National 420 Championships, competed internationally in the 420, and I was in the team that won the National Team Racing Championships last year. Im in a team going for that again this year, though the team I am with this year is not as strong.

So I dunno, I figured I had it covered just with the sailing Ive done.

Peace out x
Reply 44
Wow that's awesome stuff! It must be fun! :smile:
Reply 45
Valour
Wow that's awesome stuff! It must be fun! :smile:

Yeh it is, especially the team racing. So is that enough then d'ya think cos I dnt rilli no?

Are you applying this year? What's your app lookin like:smile:

Peace and Love x
Reply 46
You have a good shot. Not applying this year :smile:
Reply 47
have you done anything other than sailing? Like volunteer work and stuff? Or any other clubs/activities?
Reply 48
Shiva17
have you done anything other than sailing? Like volunteer work and stuff? Or any other clubs/activities?

nt rilli. But I might try to do some volounteer work as an assistant coach for the paralympic sailors...
Reply 49
Shiva17

nt rilli. But I might try to do some volounteer work as an assistant coach for the paralympic sailors...
Reply 50
mleoni1

the thing is that you have to be perfect to get into the best unis over here because EVERYONE who applies is perfect. i have a 2190 SAT and didn't bother applying to stanford...but everyone in my ap physics class did.

oh boy december 15th is going to be a sad, sad day in physics when everyone gets their rejection letters. i'm not even being pessimistic. it would be seriously optimistic to say 1 will get accepted. and the people in my class are smart. my one friend got a 2370 on her SAT's and asked me if she should take them again. i almost slapped her in the face.

i know im quoting myself lol pretty lame but just an update on the stanford thing -

1 person in our entire school got in. And her daddy went to stanford. She's got all the grades and everything, but her legacy got her in.

Nobody in physics got accepted. :frown: Though I should have put money on that. :biggrin:

But good luck in applying - hopefully you'll be done by the new year right?
Gah I still have all mine to do.

Of course Cambridge replies THE DAY AFTER I will have sent all my apps in...but I probably won't get in after my interview performance so it doesn't matter anyway. :frown: But I loved being there, even if it was only for a few days.
Reply 51
mleoni1
i know im quoting myself lol pretty lame but just an update on the stanford thing -

1 person in our entire school got in. And her daddy went to stanford. She's got all the grades and everything, but her legacy got her in.

Nobody in physics got accepted. :frown: Though I should have put money on that. :biggrin:

But good luck in applying - hopefully you'll be done by the new year right?
Gah I still have all mine to do.

Of course Cambridge replies THE DAY AFTER I will have sent all my apps in...but I probably won't get in after my interview performance so it doesn't matter anyway. :frown: But I loved being there, even if it was only for a few days.

Aww you applied for Cambridge, cool, so did I, what course and college?
I'm Sidney Sussex for Philosophy
Why was the interview bad?
Yeh the Interviews and Tests were hard. One of my interviews was great, actually enjoyed myself, the other really not so much. And the tests were difficult.
Well good luck on that anyway:smile:

The crazy thing is the application:redface:ffer ratios. For my course 16 people went to interview for 3 places. When I saw them all I was like OK give up, there's just too many so just enjoy this whilst you can:p: . And I checked it up and last year it was 12, which is actually quite substantially fewer-apparently Cambridge is up 15% this year on application numbers :mad: and it's been stable for like 4 years before this year...

Well what the **** can't get annoyed about it. Would be so happy if I got it tho:rolleyes:

Good Luck
Peace and Love x

Latest

Trending

Trending