The Student Room Group

The I Hate My Housemates MEGATHREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm in a house of 6, with two vienamese people, which shouldn't be a problem if the others in my house didnt segregate themselves away from them. It seems now I am the only communicator in the house between the two groups. So guess who gets the **** for being anal about things. There is a huge cultural difference and the vietnamese are trying so hard to keep us all happy! I just wish the other English guys could be bothered too. It's not that I hate my other housemates, I too just find them plain annoying and disrespectful and selfish. And boring. I didn't think being 3yrs older than most freshers there would make much difference. But it's funny how grown up 18yr olds aren't.
Reply 41
Flamin Nora
Oh my god, you just described my living situation exactly. I live with 4 other girls who are the most annoying and immature people I've ever met. I have literally nothing in common with these people. One day I heard them talking in the kitchen about a monty python poster I had in my room, they said 'omg what the hell does that ministry of silly walks thing in her room mean? She's so weird' JESUS CHRIST! :rolleyes: Then another time I heard them blasting this lovely girl on their course because she's teetotal. Wtf?! It worries me that these girls are going to become our future doctors. :s-smilie:

Why do girls have to be such b*tches?! I gave my next door neighbour an extra textbook I had worth 15 quid as a kind gesture. At the time she was grateful and like 'I'll pay you back with drinks'.I know I was stupid to have done so as she rarely acknowledges me when I see her. It's people like her who've made me dislike the uni experience, so much so that I was tempted to drop out a few weeks ago. I think having a quiet personality is a major disadvantage at uni, as all of my more confident friends are having the time of their lives and have formed tight friendships already.
One of the things I always complain about is that my flatmates seem to insist on banging doors. A minute ago I was really thankful for it! I fell asleep 2 hours ago - again. [I never ever napped before - not since I was in the nursery lol - and now I am doing everyday :frown:]
xxAlicexx
Why do girls have to be such b*tches?! I gave my next door neighbour an extra textbook I had worth 15 quid as a kind gesture. At the time she was grateful and like 'I'll pay you back with drinks'.I know I was stupid to have done so as she rarely acknowledges me when I see her. It's people like her who've made me dislike the uni experience, so much so that I was tempted to drop out a few weeks ago. I think having a quiet personality is a major disadvantage at uni, as all of my more confident friends are having the time of their lives and have formed tight friendships already.

Ahhh man, the old paying back with drinks trick. You should've asked her to give you half the money or something lol.
Don't drop out though! Only 6 more months of living with these people remember :smile: So what if you're quiet? Load of people (including me) are. People shouldn't disrespect you because of the way you are. I'm sure there are loads of similar minded people on your course that you'll eventually meet :smile: Those girls in your flat don't deserve to be friends with someone as kind as you, **** em! :biggrin:
Reply 44
Flamin Nora
I'm sure there are loads of similar minded people on your course that you'll eventually meet :smile:

That's true if you're in a non-college based university, but in mine people don't really attempt to talk to eachother on the course because everyone's trying to stick with their college flat friends.
nintendo
That's true if you're in a non-college based university, but in mine people don't really attempt to talk to eachother on the course because everyone's trying to stick with their college flat friends.

Which university are you at?

I am at Lancaster, in Furness, and have friends from my courses who are in Cartmel, Bowland and Pendle. It can be really hard, especially if you are shy like me, but just talking to people when waiting for lectures and stuff can really help. Sure, there will be plenty of people you don't hit it off with but you might strike gold. :smile:
Reply 46
KJ21
When I was in Uni, I lived with this girl who literally despised Welsh people. God she was annoying. She would spread things bout me. Hide things from other people and told them to look in "the welsh dudes room". ******* bitch had her commupmence in the end

You killed her didn't you?
Reply 47
Sandhu
Oh ffs please tell me some of you have nice housemates! I wouldn't put up with people like that, I'd tell them to gtfo.

One of mine told me to **** off and that no one in the flat likes me. :biggrin: I've been blessed with a couple of my flatmates, clearly.
Reply 48
Sithius
One of mine told me to **** off and that no one in the flat likes me. :biggrin: I've been blessed with a couple of my flatmates, clearly.

What did you say? Please tell me you told him he's a ****.
Reply 49
Sandhu
What did you say? Please tell me you told him he's a ****.

It's a girl. And she's 22.

I'm off to accommodation office soon. :smile:

Yes I sweared back at her, but it really wasn't worth it. I just hope I can move, heh. Cannot live with a girl like that. Apart from being uneasy on the eye, her personality is messed up.
Reply 50
Ugh :/ I can tell.
Reply 51
Sandhu
Ugh :/ I can tell.

Trust me, you have no idea. :p: Oh well, hopefully I can start term 2 in a new flat with new people. :smile: Although, I've heard from various people that you can't move and have a contract that lasts all year. We'll see I guess. I've only paid for one term so I don't see why I can't.
Reply 52
Sithius
Trust me, you have no idea. :p: Oh well, hopefully I can start term 2 in a new flat with new people. :smile: Although, I've heard from various people that you can't move and have a contract that lasts all year. We'll see I guess. I've only paid for one term so I don't see why I can't.

No I understand. I used to get this at work, see the only place which was hiring was a new Iceland in a really scummy area. They offered me a job & I couldn't turn them down. I was not expecting it to be full of chavs like it was, but I should have known. Most of them were fine but one of them was a right piece of ****, never works, always asks you to do his job for him etc. I'm not comfortable with telling people to **** off, but I have to for this job. Needless to say the little **** keeps his mouth shut now, but other people who won't stick up for themselves end up doing his work.
Reply 53
Sandhu
No I understand. I used to get this at work, see the only place which was hiring was a new Iceland in a really scummy area. They offered me a job & I couldn't turn them down. I was not expecting it to be full of chavs like it was, but I should have known. Most of them were fine but one of them was a right piece of ****, never works, always asks you to do his job for him etc. I'm not comfortable with telling people to **** off, but I have to for this job. Needless to say the little **** keeps his mouth shut now, but other people who won't stick up for themselves end up doing his work.

Heh, that's just the way it is. :smile: ********* in all walks of life.
Reply 54
Sithius
You killed her didn't you?

Maybe cant really say lol
Reply 55
GodspeedGehenna
All of my housemates are French. :shifty:

I had that problem last year!
I dont get along with mine. I dont hate them. Just havent clicked.

One of our original flatmates moved out of the flat because of the situation. We live in a loud area. The flat next door, the flat above and below play really loud music till the early hours of the morning. Then in our flat one of them particularly is like really loud they cant do nothing quietly.

When they go to the toilet they slam the door, getting out of their room, walking down the corridor is like a heard of elephants, and they are not big (I dont understand how they make so much noise. When they are in the kitchen they slam the fridge doors and cuboards too. My room is right next to the kitchen and I swear you can hear them all the way down the corridor.

Its one flatmate imperticular. They've now stared to leave the door off the latch all the time, I've had something stolen so I try and lock the door when I've noticed. Ive also mention this to them but they still do it. They take people in their room and watch movies and talk unneccesserily loud till 2:30 -2:45 every morning. I wouldnt mind so much if they kept the noise down.

They always have friends over and cook for them. Fair enough but they leave the kitchen in a mess. The first and only time I did this I went back into my room for 5min with my course mates to have a drink before we went back to clean. I heard them enter the kitchen and start yelling loudly " ******* hell what a ******* mess OMG what the hell, she wont bloody clean that up." Hipocrite.

Once I said to them I was thinking to flat swap cause I wasnt comfortable in the situation, the reply was "fair enough, I wouldnt have liked you outside flat conditions anyway."

God why are people so immature and selfish.

Sorry guys rant over, :o: :bigsmile:.
Reply 57
Flamin Nora
Ahhh man, the old paying back with drinks trick. You should've asked her to give you half the money or something lol.
Don't drop out though! Only 6 more months of living with these people remember :smile: So what if you're quiet? Load of people (including me) are. People shouldn't disrespect you because of the way you are. I'm sure there are loads of similar minded people on your course that you'll eventually meet :smile: Those girls in your flat don't deserve to be friends with someone as kind as you, **** em! :biggrin:

Aww thank you. I've put myself on the waiting list which is pretty long but hopefully I'll get a room after xmas as apparently quite a few ppl drop out. I feel like a complete outsider and am fed up with it. Everyone goes on about uni being the best years of a person's life so I should be entitled to enjoy it, rather than be surrounded by people who don't make any effort to accept me as I am. I'm keeping my fingers crossed so that I can get into better accommodation for the New Year.
My housemates are slowly beginning to grate. It's just loads of little things really; none of them are overtly out of order or anything. Here's a few examples of the things which are starting to piss me off:

Biting my head off if I leave a (clean) saucepan on the side and don't put it in my cupboard immediately.

Phatic and meaningless conversations which are completely forced even after 9 weeks.

One particular girl who hogs the remote and also walks around with a face like a smacked arse. You know those people who seem constantly miserable and annoyed? She's one of them.

They're generally quite (I really hate to say this) boring. They're never motivated to do anything exciting.

They always complain about the work they have to do. It's university for crying out loud - deal with it!

They complain how I take my own loo roll into the communal toilet and don't just leave one in there. It's my loo roll and I'll do whatever the **** I want with it thanks - I paid for it.

*sigh* they aren't like my old friends (who I cannot wait to see over Christmas!)

Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of people in this flat who are really nice and I get along with them really well. The general balance is tipped against them though.

And there are other flats that are so much better.
Kickflip
People who think hippy communal living is a good idea all should house share. They will soon sell their right arm for a one bedroomed flat.

Absolutely. I've been tempted to scream a few times while here from shere frustration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending