The Student Room Group

The I Hate My Housemates MEGATHREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sithius
Signing in~

I live with a fat, obnoxious, ugly bitch.

Living with five girls sucks. :frown:

try living with 10. :o:
Reply 61
fatal
try living with 10. :o:

Meh, she's worse than ever at the moment. I don't care, accommodation application put forward. Now all I have to do is wait. :smile:
initiation
7 of us on campus in a flat. 5 are really cool to get on with unfortunately 1 is a complete idiot. Has a massive sound system and plays his crappy rap music at any time of the day or night with his door open, im at the other end of corridor and its so loud. Makes a complete mess of the kitchen, doesn't clean it up, leaves 1/2 eaten/cooked/rotting food just lying around, as i write this there is a pile of his washing by the sink which hasn't been done in over a week and then he has nicked loads of my stuff (plates, bowls, glasses etc...). Confronted him about stealing my stuff and he gave one of my bowls back (dirty still) saying he had just borrowed it:rolleyes: ....none of the other stuff returned.

Sounds very familar to a guy i also shared halls with many years ago.I sorted him out though very politely and reasonable.They is a knack of dealing with some one like him.
Just a quick update. My glass materialised yesterday. Over two weeks after it disappeared. It was in the anti-social flatmate's room - he brought all his plates out as he has gone down to London for the week for some concerts. It has mould all over the bottom of it - black and green spots. It is absolutely disgusting. Eww. :frown:
I'm not happy with any of mine. It all started when the boy who was supposed to be living with us moved out. The other 2 girls couldn't be bothered to deal with sorting out bills (they were still in this guys name) and dumped it all on me over the summer. I still haven't gotten a thank you from them. They still expect me to do things, quite frankly I don't think they have the balls. The Italian girl (see below) broke the washing machine and they want me to ask next door if they know any engineers. I asked them to but they said that its too embarassing. Same goes with the temperamental TV and Internet ("Have you phoned them yet?" "No." "Are you gonna?" "Yeah." I had to do it.) No one takes out the rubbish or the recycling box or even pays any attention to the notes on the fridge as to when they have to be taken out.
Sometimes they have loud parties til 4am and keep me awake even when I ask them to keep it down. Never had an apology.

I got forced to take on an Italian girl who is a complete hypocrit. She'll knock on my door and ask me to do this that or the other, but she never does it herself. She never offers any suggestions if we have a problem in the house. She sits on Skype all day and speaks obnoxiously loud.

No one in the house communicates properly and it's all through notes on the fridge. For some reason if I offer anything constructive they all gang up together and tell me I'm in the wrong. Or mostly they just go silent when I walk into the room.

Sorry for the rant, but I've run out of patience and I don't know how to fix things here.
Reply 65
I don't hate my housemates [three] but I am starting to really distancing myself away from them. In a sense they are reasonable people but we are on completely when it comes to interests and we were effectively brought together [living] due to necessity rather than really wanting to live together.

Two of them leave it in a state of mess, I mean me and the other housemate keep it clean and yet they have no responsibility in maintaining it. I mean when they finish cooking their ready-meals in the oven they literally are too lazy to bin the containers when they scoop out the food on the plate and the fact we have rodent issues they literally leave the binbags (which they are supposed to take out) on the floor out of sheer laziness. I mean its frustrating...

Also theres increasing divisions due to interests, I mean living in halls etc during the first year people seem to be different than when they live with you. I mean I tried to form a close friednship circle with my present housemates (last year) because I was in such a difficult position to make friends at the beginning of university, but its not working. I mean two words which sums them up are: apathetic and uncultured. I mean I didn't come to central London to drink cheap lager, get persistently drunk and sit at home nearly everynight watching top gear/friends on freeview and refrain from any form of activities at university. I tell them to join societies and they said they will and complain at me for moaning at them yet in the end they don't join out of laziness. One housemate tells me how miserable and boring things are so I arrange a houseparty and yet he cancels it because a whole week later because of a test which counts towards 5% of his overall year for one flippin module. I mean people are either too lazy to do anything or complain they are too tired even though they have slept 10+ hours. Frustrating!

Whilst for me I really want to appreciate what the capital has to offer. I ask them to come with me to like art exhibitions and theres no interest or even to authentic Japanese cuisine because its 'too trendy' and 'over the top' whilst they prefer a cheap beer and burger. This is our moving in celebration meal :s-smilie:. They are incredibly narrow-minded people for university students at a diverse and international university and city(long story here). I mean i am already beginning to look to other people now in terms of friends at university for social and cultural reasons and possibly future housemates. I mean I can't be around these people too much longer and I mean we were brought together out of necessity and personally I am nearly half way at university and I really must do something about this situation. Yet its so much harder making friends in a city university from my experience in contrast to a campus university.

Rant over :smile: Man that felt good...
I know how you feel Vincente. We're not bad at keeping fairly clean but it has started to get bad- two of the other girls exploded food in the microwave and only cleaned it after I asked them to. We don't have rats but I was worried about getting them- the Italian girl complained about the smell of the binbags so instead of putting them out for the men she chucked them in the back garden for a while until I told one of the others that we'd get rats.

We all do different subjects and it doesn't help that the Italian girl tries to relate herself to subjects like mine due to the language part, but she does art and design. She goes on about how she wants to integrate into English culture but she just sits in her room speaking Italian and doesn't really listen when you correct her English. People are very lazy.
hannah_dru
I'm not happy with any of mine. It all started when the boy who was supposed to be living with us moved out. The other 2 girls couldn't be bothered to deal with sorting out bills (they were still in this guys name) and dumped it all on me over the summer. I still haven't gotten a thank you from them. They still expect me to do things, quite frankly I don't think they have the balls. The Italian girl (see below) broke the washing machine and they want me to ask next door if they know any engineers. I asked them to but they said that its too embarassing. Same goes with the temperamental TV and Internet ("Have you phoned them yet?" "No." "Are you gonna?" "Yeah." I had to do it.) No one takes out the rubbish or the recycling box or even pays any attention to the notes on the fridge as to when they have to be taken out.
Sometimes they have loud parties til 4am and keep me awake even when I ask them to keep it down. Never had an apology.

I got forced to take on an Italian girl who is a complete hypocrit. She'll knock on my door and ask me to do this that or the other, but she never does it herself. She never offers any suggestions if we have a problem in the house. She sits on Skype all day and speaks obnoxiously loud.

No one in the house communicates properly and it's all through notes on the fridge. For some reason if I offer anything constructive they all gang up together and tell me I'm in the wrong. Or mostly they just go silent when I walk into the room.

Sorry for the rant, but I've run out of patience and I don't know how to fix things here.

Stop being a pushover!
I know you want to get things done
But for them to learn a lesson you have to LEAVE IT and tell them to do it themselves

Otherwise things will never change
This is by quite some way the most ironic thread I have ever seen.
tayalouise
Stop being a pushover!
I know you want to get things done
But for them to learn a lesson you have to LEAVE IT and tell them to do it themselves

Otherwise things will never change

I know that's the best way to do it, but things just don't ever get done. Ever. With the other problems going on now as I'm not sleeping I don't have the energy so they'll have to do things themselves. If I can move out soon I will.
My flatmate is the embodiment of evil. End of.
Reply 71
I always wonder how you people and I end up with these housemates :s-smilie: :biggrin:
Reply 72
Vincente
I always wonder how you people and I end up with these housemates :s-smilie: :biggrin:

Lol my next-door neighbour is in desperate need of lessons in charm. The other night when I was vomiting my guts out following some dodgy wine, I see her on the way back from the communal toilets and warn her that I was sick in the middle toilet. Her reply? A very kind and caring 'You opened the window,right?' B*tch!
I filled out an accommodation transform today. I have to share a room with this psycho who doesn't speak AT ALL, is socially awkward and draws all these really creepy pictures and puts them on his wall. A couple of my other flatmates just bitch and ignore me because i have friends outside of our flat who i go out with instead of them. They are really quite pathetic.
One of my flatmates just flat out ignores me and the 2 other 'quiet' housemates, but sucks up to the others. Ugh, it's so rude.
Reply 75
wouldn't it be hilarious if a couple of people developed a 'you've got mail' situation on this thread, and realised they were in fact bitching about each other?
iisemma
I'm in a house of 6, with two vienamese people, which shouldn't be a problem if the others in my house didnt segregate themselves away from them.

They're Austrian?!

:biggrin:
pinenuts
wouldn't it be hilarious if a couple of people developed a 'you've got mail' situation on this thread, and realised they were in fact bitching about each other?

they'd have to be the same location ..
ye i'm lving with a german exchange student and a qualalumpi mime artist,it's fun,only the german seems to be growing pot in the kitchen window ,I dont want to say anything cos he's quite short tempered :s-smilie:
Dr Zeuss™
I filled out an accommodation transform today. I have to share a room with this psycho who doesn't speak AT ALL, is socially awkward and draws all these really creepy pictures and puts them on his wall. A couple of my other flatmates just bitch and ignore me because i have friends outside of our flat who i go out with instead of them. They are really quite pathetic.

why are the pictures creepy? or are you just calling them creepy because he's quite and if it was someone else you wouldn't call them 'creepy'?:rolleyes:
bansheeee*
why are the pictures creepy? or are you just calling them creepy because he's quite and if it was someone else you wouldn't call them 'creepy'?:rolleyes:

They're definitely creepy. One of them is a pig's head lying on a table with a doctor cutting into it, another is a little girl holding a blood stained knife with the words born to kill written under it and another is a mutilated zombie dog eating someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending