The Student Room Group

Whats the most trouble you have got into at school?

Scroll to see replies

Detentions for not doing homework. Basically sums up years 7-11 for me.
One of my mates spat in an English teacher's tea :smile:
The three bottom choices, multiple times each.
Suspended twice *sigh*

Numerous isolation's, but strangely...few detentions.

I go to a grammar school, so if you dont conform to their idea of perfect geek student, they'll do everything they can to get you out, and what would be classed as "OMG" at our school, would be considered "meh," at a standard comprehensive.
Just a ten minute detention for pulling someones hair. I am not proud. :frown:
Primary School:
A weeks worth of detentions and missed breaks for:
Deciding to stand on my chair when the teacher said to stand still!! (To be fair...I had been standing still!)
Plus several missed breaks, for being just a little naughty.

Secondary School:
Not that bad. A few detentions for being late. The thing was I was quite naughty at points, I was just very good at never getting caught!

Sixth Form:
Several threatening emails about not finishing work. A private speak with my head of house, about letting stuff slip. A warning for my head of house for skipping days off.

Thats it really...
I have been sent back on a trip to my upcoming secondary school and have been sent out about 3 times in Secondary and had a 5 minute detention that wasn't organised and close to a 30 minute one but no official detention and what is HOY and HOS mean?and what should i pick the trip was a lot worse than being sent out!!!It's strange this list because it makes me seem naughty and i'm none as one of the most well behaved in the year!!!I have had lines and firm word before aswell.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 167
Original post by gemnomnom
One of my mates spat in an English teacher's tea :smile:

legend
Reply 168
Hm, the English school system seems quite funny. Several classes and categories for detention, isolation etc. In Germany we do not have such a diversified history of punishments.

In year 8 our history and German teacher got tired about us always chatting in class, so he sent single classmates to the corridor to write what he called "corridor reports". Basically you had to write down everything which happened on the corridor for half an hour. My best friend was the first one to do it and his report was funny and hilarious to an extend, that subsequently everyone desperately tried to get sent out to write his own report, therefore this method did not last for long :biggrin:

Apart from that German punishments are just like extra homeworks, cleaning the schoolyard etc. Only in very severe cases you get suspended for some time (usually a week or two).
Reply 169
lol at everyone taking this poll seriously, i just clicked on expelled straight away
Didn't turn up to class for a valid reason and I emailed the teacher explaining what had happened. They flipped, and informed HoD. However, they were on my side, so things were resolved.
I had after school detention with the Headmistress everyday for like 2 months after she caught me trying to photocopy my face.
My Head of Year told me 'Threatening to punch a student is not the kind of behaviour I like to see from a Senior Prefect, just imagine if I threatened to punch a parent at an open evening!'

'with all due respect, Sir, I don't believe a parent would try to throw you down the stairs.'

'oh.'
(edited 12 years ago)
think I got excluded probably 3 or 4 days in total, can't really remember the specifics now though, I think maybe some minor scuffles or rudeness to teachers etc. I had a lot of fun in school, they were probably worth it.
I don't know if this counts but........

I was really ill in year 11, and had the majority of the year off... My school reported my mum to social services and said I was skiving.... Social services told them where to stick it and said they already knew and had medical documents to prove I was ill...... Needless to say I left after I took my GCSEs and went to a new sixth form.
Original post by AspiringGenius
My Head of Year told me 'Threatening to punch a student is not the kind of behaviour I like to see from a Senior Prefect, just imagine if I threatened to punch a student!'

'with all due respect, Sir, I don't believe a parent would try to throw you down the stairs.'

'oh.'

I don't get it :s-smilie:
Reply 176
I swapped the baby jesus in the crib for a babybel (baby cheeses...get it?) ..I went to a convent school ..a nun told me to next time take someone slightly less prolific... her suggestion was Joseph
Original post by SleepySheep
I don't get it :s-smilie:

Haha, I'm tired. The first line is meant to read 'imagine if I punched a parent.' will edit.
Reply 178
Weirdly, I love whole class detentions, despite hating detentions on my own. Just being there and knowing how ridiculous it all is makes it worth it. As for trouble, the worst I did (from what I can remember), was to throw a large mug/jug of dirty paintbrush water over a really annoying prick who was mocking me non-stop and made me blow my fuse. I loved the feeling, I was powerful and I was myself again. And I got sent to the 'Support Room' which is like a detention room where you have to stay in there all day. I hated secondary school, a true 5 years of my life absolutely wasted. My teachers were pointless and the only thing worth holding on to is doing the best you can (yourself) in your GCSE's, getting the hell out of there and NEVER looking back. Especially if your headteacher adopts the principle for every single teacher to get as much students to pass at the very least (with grade C), and not giving a sh.it about the higher end students, and not bringing out the best in them.
Reply 179
I had something of a... heated exchange, shall we say, with my Media teacher at the end of a lesson after she called my work 'c***' and my attitude to school 's***'. I pointed out that my work was the best in the class, told her about my straight A*s and what I thought of Media Studies...

She was given a warning by the Head of Year. Oops... :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending