The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why germany? I'd hate to live there.
i wanna move to india but the job market is very competitive there
Reply 22
I lived in Frankfurt for a few months earlier this year and loved it, and I'd really like to go back. Hopefully I will have a year abroad on my degree which will give me a chance to live there for another year. I just don't think it would be a very nice place to have children.
Reply 23
I would love to live abroad after university.. But I'm still at college :P

I've already told my parents I'm moving out of the country (England) after university but not sure where..

I'm thinking Italy or spain :biggrin:
Reply 24
For some reason I'd like to go to Peru, Tahiti or Siberia:biggrin:
Reply 25
I'd like to go abroad. Apparently if you move abroad you don't have to pay back your Uni fees? Not sure if that's true or not.
Reply 26
America for sure.
Reply 27
I've always had a (very) inkling to do a postgrad in Italy, somewhere like Siena or Urbino. As for work, I can imagine living in a different country for a few years, but not forever.
Reply 28
aliphatic
I'd like to go abroad. Apparently if you move abroad you don't have to pay back your Uni fees? Not sure if that's true or not.

I'm pretty sure that's untrue - if it were true then everyone would bog off out of England as soon as they graduated...
I want to live in Sweden eventually, or somewhere in Europe like Amsterdam or Germany maybe. I doubt I'll go staight after uni though but I do want to live abroad some day.
Anderson8
If you are, where?

Im thinking Asia/South Africa/Australia.

They all seem decent parts of the world.

Better than crappy UK:smile:

You having a laugh. How? South Africa is a crime-ridden ******** these days, where you're more likely to get murdered than get a job.
Reply 31
I've always liked the idea of having a penthouse in New York. I know its not all that far-flung and different considering I've grown up in London, but I've done plenty of travelling in the poorer parts of the world.

Or maybe a year or two in Paris. (huh, I'm quite keen on big cities...!)
Reply 32
Spain
France
USA
Well, uni will be abroad for me, and hopefully I can stay in the UK after. :smile: I'd not mind moving to Switzerland to work for CERN, though....
Reply 34
Do any of you wanting to move to non-English-speaking countries actually speak the language in question? :rolleyes:
Reply 35
Haha, I have a massive list of cities that I want to go to and possibly live! I haven't even finished college yet! :biggrin:
Reply 36
I know this thread was old but thought i'd bring it up again! :smile:

I'm planning my move to AUSTRALIA on my own in 3 years after I finish nursing - I will then do a graduate nursing programme!
I'm also going to do an 'elective placement' there in my 2nd year.

Anyone else who is seriously thinking about it?
I am still toying with the possibility of becoming a FSO with the US State department, if that counts. The pay is pretty terrible, but I think it would be an amazing way to spend a couple years (or more, if I really like it).

Latest

Trending

Trending