The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i think it's what somebody decided to label the type of english spoken around london.. or anywhere near the thames estuary i.e. south east england. i suppose compared with other counties or regions of the country, or even other english speaking places all over the world, it might be more unique. not perhaps in the words or dialects used, but i think the rate at which it changes and adopts weird verb inflections might be of interest to those who study linguistic mutation over much longer periods of time.

i don't get what all the fuss is about really
Isn't it something to do with Oxford London Cambridge triangle accents. Like they use glottal stops but not between vowels, they use it in workds like bottle and gatwick. Do j-dropping and l vocalistation. I can't remember any more.
ladydeborah
Isn't it something to do with Oxford London Cambridge triangle accents. Like they use glottal stops but not between vowels, they use it in workds like bottle and gatwick. Do j-dropping and l vocalistation. I can't remember any more.

Thanks a lot ppl, this has really helped, and along with some stuff I've found myself I should be able to give a good english presentation.

Latest

Trending

Trending