The Student Room Group

Anyone else frustrated with the whole process?

OK, I met and beat all the deadlines the school set, they wanted us to have finished UCAS by the middle of December, and I had done all that by the start of November, and got everything drafted and finished. That includes getting my references in. Now, my guidance teacher put making my reference low on her priority list since she was pregnant and getting stuff out the way. So she goes off about a week ago, and I get a new guidance teacher who does my reference straight away and neatens my statement, which is all good. So I submit it on Monday, and the referee still has not checked it, even though the applicants from her house that have submitted this week have all been approved, despite only f ully finishing this week because their teacher was hounding them.

I am just so frustrated that despite my beating all the deadlines, I'm still waiting for progress. This happen to anyone else?
yep, my teacher took ages though I guess at least it didnt change who would do it. But after I paid/sent it took about two weeks til my teachers finished it and it got processed by UCAS. Finally off but im so impatient waiting for replies from uni!
Reply 2
Yeah,hd mine finished by middle of October but because my tutror only does 3 days a week it all took ages and only got sent the 18th of this month.not a happy bunny.
Reply 3
I see. Should I bug the teacher this week about it, since she has said that it doesn't matter when it gets done, I'll still get offers, but increasingly, form my own experience, I know that people who submit before the deadline get offers before the deadline
Reply 4
yes i sent off mine early november, still waiting for a reference she said it could take a few weeks!!!!!!!
Reply 5
Yeah, all my friends are getting annoyed at the slowness of their UCAS referees. I'm glad I had to get mine in for the 15th October deadline, it actually forced them to do it in time!
Reply 6
Yeahh
I payed for mine around the 13th October
got sent at the beginning of November

waited ages for reference & then a couple of days for it to be checked despite the fact mine was the only one waiting to be sent!!!
Reply 7
the reference is definitely the most irritating part.
Reply 8
I mean, the reference right now is all wrote up and everything, all the ref has to do is attach it, surely that can't take that much effort
Reply 9
I totally agree, i finished my application before the deadline (which 4 our school was the 1st. of Oct.)
yet it wasn't sent off untill yesterday...my teachers took so long to get my references done, and then the head teacher didnt check it for a while.. it ws a avery stressful process.
Hope yours all gets sorted out soon
Good luck
Yeah, I got really anxious about it, and they kept telling me to edit stuff in my statement then send it back, that it would have taken them one second to do themselves. And then the reference... aaargh!

Just keep pestering them about it.
I don't know, referees have lives too. As long as they get it done by the deadline for 'equal consideration', I don't understand the palaver. Yes, you want it done admittedly and I echo your frustration, but your referee is only human, not some sort of reference writing machine. Have a kindly word by all means just to see where things are going, but I'm sick of threads on here from people saying their referee is 'out of order' or 'ridiculously slow'.

Frankly, if I were your referee (not the OP but to whom the above applies) I'd politely tell you to shove it.

Latest

Trending

Trending