The Student Room Group

What are the top UK Business Schools?

Out of interest, in your view what are the 5 or so best or most notable UK business schools and which ones do you think can and will be able to compete with the best in the US in terms of quality and brand recognition, ie Harvard Business School, Penn Wharton, MIT Sloan, Chicago, Kellogg e.t.c either now or in the future?

Just to start things my own view is:

London Business School
Cambridge Judge
Oxford Said
LSE Management School

But then it gets a bit hazey, i think either Imperial or Warwick Business Schools potentially, what about you?
Reply 1
aston university is one of the best by far offering one of the most placement years.
Reply 2
After the one's you have listed, Warwick, Imperial, Durham, Manchester and Lancaster

I don't think there's much between Warwick, Durham and Imperial.

I'm sure there'll be some I've missed there, it's not an area I know a great deal about.
Reply 3
Juggy123
aston university is one of the best by far offering one of the most placement years.

Isn't that more undergraduate (this is postgrad)? I do, however, know little about its strengths in postgrad. It's just I've always thought it had more of an undergrad focus?
wawrwinka
What on earth happened to the post I just posted? It's disappeared...

Anyway, assuming your criteria is prestige and name recognition (as that's the only thing I know about), LBS is the only one that can compete with the top US schools.

Warwick, Manchester and Said are all good, but in a different league.

Also LSE doesn't have a business school I don't know where you heard of "LSE Management School", but it sounds like someone's been feeding you porkies.

I know the LSE doesnt have a Management school per se but it does have a well respected graduate Management department, sorry for the confusion. To be clear im not just talking about which school can compete with the US ones now, but if any can compete in the future. Also i am interested in which 5 schools you think are the best simply here in the UK. Thanks
Reply 5
wawrwinka
What on earth happened to the post I just posted? It's disappeared.

There are two threads, you posted it in the other one (in GUD). I've merged it into this thread.

So, OP, do you want this in postgraduate (I take it we are talking about their postgraduate programmes because, if not, I'd remove Durham as its undergrad programmes aren't as strong) or the business subforum? GUD isn't the place.
Reply 6
wawrwinka
LSE does not have a business school. Does LSE Management School exist? Either someone's been feeding you porkies, or you've just made it up...

LBS is the only one that can compete with name recognition and perstige (assuming those are the criteria you're referring to). Said, Imperial and Warwick are all good too, but not in the same league. Afaik Judge is even less reknown than those.

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-rankings
River85
There are two threads, you posted it in the other one (in GUD). I've merged it into this thread.

So, OP, do you want this in postgraduate (I take it we are talking about their postgraduate programmes because, if not, I'd remove Durham as its undergrad programmes aren't as strong) or the business subforum? GUD isn't the place.

Postgrad would do fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending