The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

FAQ: Ask A Current Student!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Star.hood
hey has anyone whos done or going to do medical engineering at queen mary didnt do physics or mechanics in maths, if so how did u manage the first year in medical engineering, is it hard if you aint done physicas or mechanics in maths at A-level, thankk you for your time.

I'm fairly sure you need Physics/Maths for that, if not they do a foundation course that covers what you need.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 181
I need to know my term time address, I'm going to be in Maurice Court, anyone know?
ckminter
I need to know my term time address, I'm going to be in Maurice Court, anyone know?

It should be Room X Flat X Maurice Court, Westfield Way, London, E1 XXX

The XXX will be in your license agreement, go and check it :yy:
Reply 183
Yeah I found it, feel abit dumb now haha, thanks :smile:
i still havent received enrolement info like my app number so i cant pre enrol or apply for an oyster. am i the only one?
Reply 185
mijjibabba91
i still havent received enrolement info like my app number so i cant pre enrol or apply for an oyster. am i the only one?

Have you checked your mail? One of my friends received his email with his pre-enrollment login details before the 'pack' arrived in the post. Maybe try giving the Admissions Office a call on: 020 7882 5511 and see what they say.
-PM-
Have you checked your mail? One of my friends received his email with his pre-enrollment login details before the 'pack' arrived in the post. Maybe try giving the Admissions Office a call on: 020 7882 5511 and see what they say.

hi i got my place thru adjustment maybe thats why i havent received any emails and stuff yet.. i just sent them an email then ill sort it out. thank you for ur help thou :smile:
Reply 187
mijjibabba91
hi i got my place thru adjustment maybe thats why i havent received any emails and stuff yet.. i just sent them an email then ill sort it out. thank you for ur help thou :smile:

No problem :smile: . Hope you get a response soon...
Reply 188
Are there any cheapo supermarkets nearby the campus? I'm thinking like Tescos here not Lidls.
ajp100688
Are there any cheapo supermarkets nearby the campus? I'm thinking like Tescos here not Lidls.

Tescos is quite far away in Aldgate East, about 20 mins.

Sainsburys is in Whitechapel about 10 mins away.

Budgens is right outside the Mile End side of campus.

Co Op is right outside the Stepney side of campus.

Lidl is in Limehouse about 15 mins away.

ASDA is in Leyton and Crossharbour about 20 mins away.

Iceland is in Bethnal Green about 20 mins away.

Most people go to Sainsburys, or one of the more expensive but nearby supermarkets (i.e. Co Op or Budgens) as they are literally right outside the Uni.
what is DDI?
Reply 191
Democracy
Tescos is quite far away in Aldgate East, about 20 mins.

Sainsburys is in Whitechapel about 10 mins away.

Budgens is right outside the Mile End side of campus.

Co Op is right outside the Stepney side of campus.

Lidl is in Limehouse about 15 mins away.

ASDA is in Leyton and Crossharbour about 20 mins away.

Iceland is in Bethnal Green about 20 mins away.

Most people go to Sainsburys, or one of the more expensive but nearby supermarkets (i.e. Co Op or Budgens) as they are literally right outside the Uni.

Cheers :biggrin: I'm a bit spoiled where I live right now as I live literally above the town center and it's tescos, but I suppose I'll be able to adapt to walking 10 mins down the road!
ajp100688
Cheers :biggrin: I'm a bit spoiled where I live right now as I live literally above the town center and it's tescos, but I suppose I'll be able to adapt to walking 10 mins down the road!

You could steal a ride on the "free bus"... :ninja:
Reply 193
Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to buy a bike once i'm at the uni? No way to transport mine up in the car
Democracy

25 bus?
OMG. Its a horrible bus. Did you know, the inspectors dont wear their uniform anymore...?
I thinking walking is better. I live opposite mile end park.
Reply 195
Democracy

Got told about that.. Back doors of the bendy buses?
Ozzy91
Got told about that.. Back doors of the bendy buses?

Yep. See below for important advice though.

lazywoman
25 bus?
OMG. Its a horrible bus. Did you know, the inspectors dont wear their uniform anymore...?
I thinking walking is better. I live opposite mile end park.

Yeah. But the trick is to only steal a ride if you're going to be on for a short time, e..g three or four stops. I wouldn't steal a ride all the way to Oxford Circus. But to Whitechapel it's usually alright.
Reply 197
Democracy
Yep. See below for important advice though.

Yeah. But the trick is to only steal a ride if you're going to be on for a short time, e..g three or four stops. I wouldn't steal a ride all the way to Oxford Circus. But to Whitechapel it's usually alright.

If it's inspectors cant you just take on an Oyster card but only pretend to scan it. They'd have no way to check.
But its still horrible. People literally pick-pocket you. Ive seen it. But on the bright side you get a FREE ride. :biggrin:
Ozzy91
If it's inspectors cant you just take on an Oyster card but only pretend to scan it. They'd have no way to check.

Love. These people are smart. They have some sort of a device that tells them you havent pressed your oyster on the reader. If you want a free ride just stand next to the reader and whenever they come on press it and act cool. No worries then. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending