The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

FAQ: Ask A Current Student!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
lazywoman
But its still horrible. People literally pick-pocket you. Ive seen it. But on the bright side you get a FREE ride. :biggrin:

Easy way to avoid that, put your valuables in your front pockets, then they practically have to feel you up to get anything from you.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
What can I do to prove I can pay for tuition when I enrol on the 24th if Student Finance are yet to acknowledge that they've received proof of earnings?
Reply 202
If i'm coming by car on moving day, Where can it be parked?
One lecturer I talked to said something about opening up a staff car park but he didnt know any details.
Yeah, I never pay on bendys if I'm only going to be on it for a few minutes. Or at all if it's after like, 9pm.
Anyone know when the grad school begins? As in the term dates?
Reply 205
Ozzy91
If i'm coming by car on moving day, Where can it be parked?
One lecturer I talked to said something about opening up a staff car park but he didnt know any details.

When you first arrive you can park outside the residences or near them (depending which your in) to unload. Then you move your car to the staff car park. There's not much space so expect to wait a bit.
Reply 206
bestie
When you first arrive you can park outside the residences or near them (depending which your in) to unload. Then you move your car to the staff car park. There's not much space so expect to wait a bit.

I'm in Pooley so I guess it's a longer wait as there's no way to fit 400 or so cars infront of the building
Reply 207
Is there any facility to store your stuff before ya move in on the 19th? my parents are stressing about taking so much stuff up, dunno why... :biggrin:
chigz32
Is there any facility to store your stuff before ya move in on the 19th? my parents are stressing about taking so much stuff up, dunno why... :biggrin:

Nope, and tell them not to worry. I filled an entire 7-seater to the roof, and had to sit on half a seat because of the amount of stuff.
Reply 209
Mr. Mortell
Nope, and tell them not to worry. I filled an entire 7-seater to the roof, and had to sit on half a seat because of the amount of stuff.

Oh god, And I've got to fit all my stuff into the back of a Ford Mondeo with three people in..
Reply 210
Mr. Mortell

Honda civic :eek3: And I'm driving! :eek3: With three other people!!! :eek3:

haha, cheers :biggrin:
Reply 211
Another question, wheres the nearest Natwest to the uni? is there one on campus?
Reply 212
Adding to that one. Does anyone know where the nearest HSBC is? I heard there might be one in Whitechapel somewhere
Ozzy91
Adding to that one. Does anyone know where the nearest HSBC is? I heard there might be one in Whitechapel somewhere

There's an HSBC cashpoint on campus, though I'm not sure where the branch is. Tbh though you're living next door to the City, the area is filled with banks.

ajp100688
Another question, wheres the nearest Natwest to the uni? is there one on campus?

No, there's a Barclays on campus, not sure where the nearest Natwest is tbh, but as I said to Ozzy it shouldn't be far away.
Not too sure, but there are several banks located in Stratford, just one tube stop East on the Central line.
I have a question..act 2

What kinda photo id's are accepted???

and how hard will it be to get a job in the uni area??

Thanks
Another one... Full length mirrors anywhere in the flats? Or space to put them?
Arturo Bandini
Another one... Full length mirrors anywhere in the flats? Or space to put them?

Well, which building are you in?

There should be space for one somewhere, we had on in the hall in Maynard House.
ajp100688

There's one right by Sainsbury's, just east of Whitechapel tube statio
Oh yeah, Beaumont. I'm just wondering if they have them inside the wardrobe or anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending