The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

FAQ: Ask A Current Student!

Scroll to see replies

chigz32
It'll be my Magners/Bulmers for me! Nothing like a bit of cider to pass the time :cool: :P

I'm an Eastern Yurpean. It'd be pure vodka for me if anything, but I can see no point in getting a 6 feet fridge for myself to fit 45 one-litre bottles in, so I guess I'll stick with canned Docca and toss dem vodkas into the main freezah :teeth:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 241
Dynamitri
I'm an Eastern Yurpean. It'd be pure vodka for me if anything, but I can see no point in getting a 6 feet fridge for myself to fit 45 one-litre bottles in, so I guess I'll stick with canned Docca and toss dem vodkas into the main freezah :teeth:

Yurpean! epic! :P

Urgh, I've had some very very very bad times with vodka....it's cider, cheap beer, and if its even cheaper, alco-pops :biggrin:
Dynamitri
Is there a lot of emo-girls @QMUL?

Erm, not as far as I know.

Dynamitri
I think only one halls get 'em, and I'm pretty sure it's not France House :s

Correct me if I'm wrong, tho :biggrin:

chigz32
i think we get one in our rooms :biggrin:

All en-suite rooms come with fridges.
Democracy

That's great. :awesome:

A bit of shame with those emo-girls, though :frown:
chigz32
i think we get one in our rooms :biggrin:

really??? A.S.house just has one communal fridge aparently. :\ gutted
chigz32
Yurpean! epic! :P

Urgh, I've had some very very very bad times with vodka....it's cider, cheap beer, and if its even cheaper, alco-pops :biggrin:

Alco-pops are OK, beer gives me terrible headaches, tho (I guess I might be allergic to hops or something? :confused:), so I stick to spirits :yep:

Hennessy is class, I'll be trying to get some absinthe from Poland, too - supposedly it's been made legal a few months ago, but I haven't had it 100% confirmed yet. :teeth:
Reply 246
Democracy
Erm, not as far as I know.

Thank you Mr Democracy!

Also, cannn i picckk up my Freshers Pass there if i payfor one now?

Thank you, Sir :biggrin: (you should be knighted)
Destiny2006
really??? A.S.house just has one communal fridge aparently. :\ gutted

Yeah, cause most of the rooms aren't en-suite. Same goes for Ifor Evans :console:

chigz32
Thank you Mr Democracy!

Also, cannn i picckk up my Freshers Pass there if i payfor one now?

Thank you, Sir (you should be knighted)

You're welcome, and I'm not sure tbh :s-smilie: Don't they post it to you if you buy online? I might be wrong, I'm really not sure.
Reply 248
Dynamitri
Alco-pops are OK, beer gives me terrible headaches, tho (I guess I might be allergic to hops or something? :confused:), so I stick to spirits :yep:

Hennessy is class, I'll be trying to get some absinthe from Poland, too - supposedly it's been made legal a few months ago, but I haven't had it 100% confirmed yet. :teeth:

I think you can get absinthe in bars n stuff, I've seen a bottle at Walkabout :biggrin:

Tbh at uni, I'd drink anything cheap ;D
chigz32
I think you can get absinthe in bars n stuff, I've seen a bottle at Walkabout :biggrin:

Yea, but the recommended retail price is £17 for 0.7L here, at least that's what I've read in the articles dated late 2008 and announcing the comeback of absinthe to the Pole Land mid-2009. £17 for this much of that kind of booze is hardly an expensive drinking, imo - lmao :biggrin:
chigz32

Tbh at uni, I'd drink anything cheap ;D

I hope you like VK and red beer...
Reply 251
Dynamitri
Yea, but the recommended retail price is £17 for 0.7L here, at least that's what I've read in the articles dated late 2008 and announcing the comeback of absinthe to the Pole Land mid-2009. £17 for this much of that kind of booze is hardly an expensive drinking, imo - lmao :biggrin:

LOL true, I've never had it straight, had it with B52 shots (DEVIL SHOTS :woo: ), but can't a lot ( i.e. a little bit) kill you?
Reply 252
Democracy
I hope you like VK and red beer...

VK Blue! Sor'ed :biggrin:
chigz32
LOL true, I've never had it straight, had it with B52 shots (DEVIL SHOTS :woo: ), but can't a lot ( i.e. a little bit) kill you?

There's no amount of alcohol that can "kill" a Slav. Especially a Pole and a Russian. We might get drunk, yes, but other than that we're indestructable :coma:
Reply 254
Dynamitri
There's no amount of alcohol that can "kill" a Slav. Especially a Pole and a Russian. We might get drunk, yes, but other than that we're indestructable :coma:

Lucky! Indians are known (and its been scientifically proven) we're not the best at handling our drinks....I myself am a mid-heavy weight, but man, some of my friends are gone before the DJ gets to the decks xD
Reply 255
Dynamitri
That's great. :awesome:

A bit of shame with those emo-girls, though :frown:

Agreed on the emo girls :wink:
ajp100688
Agreed on the emo girls :wink:

yea

there still are some colleges around :awesome:

lmao :teeth:
hi, havent been able to get onto the course i want to be on, so ive decided to still study it at QM but reapply to the university again for that course for entry in 2010. how do i go about this? do i have to go through ucas again? x
mijjibabba91
hi, havent been able to get onto the course i want to be on, so ive decided to still study it at QM but reapply to the university again for that course for entry in 2010. how do i go about this? do i have to go through ucas again? x

Yes, you'll have to reapply through UCAS. However, I'd email or call the department and ask why you were not accepted this year, just in case your application us declined again. :smile:
doingmybest
Yes, you'll have to reapply through UCAS. However, I'd email or call the department and ask why you were not accepted this year, just in case your application us declined again. :smile:

i never put down queen mary as 1-5 ucas choices, i accepted the course im on thru adjustment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending