The Student Room Group
I got offers from York and Nottingham without interview...
what you say isn't true, don't fret
Reply 2
depends on the course..
Reply 3
Apart from Oxford and Cambridge, universities generally only interview for a couple of courses.
Reply 4
For Law?
Reply 5
Maryam321
I don't know if this has already been asked or not, but is it true that the univeristy isn't a very good one if they give you an offer without a interview? :confused:
(and you have the predicted grades for the course)

Complete untrue. I have offers from Southampton and Nottingham for geography, both well respected universities overall and for that particular course.

Bristol rejected me, but if they were to give me an offer, it would have been without interview. And Bristol is also a very well respected university both overall and for geography.

Oxbridge interview because many of their candidates will be exceptional on paper; e.g, they will be predicted straight A's, have straight A's at AS (Except in my case not, AABD :p:) and will have written a coherent and interesting Personal Statement. An interview is their chance to see what you are really like, in a slightly stressed situation without weeks of prior planning.
Reply 6
I'm not sure about law, but I don't think so. I've heard about Medicine, Veterinary, Drama and Music, and I think someone at my school is being interviewed for primary teaching.
Reply 7
That's rubbish, quite frankly. I'd say it's more of a rarity than the norm to be interviewed anywhere for most subjects.

Latest

Trending

Trending